Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Mileage Runs - 20K Away From 75K

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:33 am

Hi - great thread.

Basically in the same spot of needing to drastically accelerate my mileage earnings. Am based in SAN - therefore routes to east coast (NYC BOS) or Hawaii are the most likely outcomes for these MRs.
Dumb question though - is there a special tool you guys are using to find cheap flights with great mileage or is it a daily scraping of the AS website?
Thanks!

K
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:36 pm

I’m also looking for flights out of SEA. I’ll be about 20K short of 75k in December with no changes. I’m considering PAE-PHX RT for that double mileage promotion, as well as SEA-OGG RT. Still will need approximately 9k EQM after that is all complete.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Frontier Elite100K
If u want to maximize PAE bonus should do PAE-ANC which is 300 miles longer than PHX. Results in 1200 EQM more on RT.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Kamiakdad
If u want to maximize PAE bonus should do PAE-ANC which is 300 miles longer than PHX. Results in 1200 EQM more on RT.
technicality: ANC isn't listed as one of the applicable cities for the bonus
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Frontier Elite100K
I guess you're right, since ANC wasn't a destination when promo started. I'm pretty sure that it will apply but I would call to confirm.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP
Originally Posted by finkel98
Dumb question though - is there a special tool you guys are using to find cheap flights with great mileage or is it a daily scraping of the AS website?
I was wondering the same thing. I’m a total n00b and use a combo of Google Explore to find cheap prices and cwsi to see the mileage, and then sometimes fooling around on Alaska’s website. There’s got to be a better way. And Google Explore will only let me filter on alliance, not airline.

I’m only interested in flying in AS metal for mileage runs because I want all of the miles to also go towards Million Miler status (is that weird?).

Does Expert Flyer help with sorting by price per EQM? I don’t have a membership yet but I’d certainly consider it if they have that feature!
HungryNomad likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by SeattleWanderer
And Google Explore will only let me filter on alliance, not airline.
Actually it will. First do a normal search (for example LAX-SEA) and set it to Alaska only. Then, set the destination to United States instead of SEA. It will switch modes to explore but leave your Alaska filter.
SeattleWanderer likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Quail
Actually it will. First do a normal search (for example LAX-SEA) and set it to Alaska only. Then, set the destination to United States instead of SEA. It will switch modes to explore but leave your Alaska filter.
sweet, I will try this out! Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
Really dumb question: Where is the PAE double MQM promo listed? I can't see it anywhere on the site. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Birknstks
Really dumb question: Where is the PAE double MQM promo listed? I can't see it anywhere on the site. Thanks in advance for any help.
If you scroll down on the home page, it's on the bottom right. https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/AS2211
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:08 am

Found it. Disregard.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:09 am

Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Kamiakdad
I guess you're right, since ANC wasn't a destination when promo started. I'm pretty sure that it will apply but I would call to confirm.
I called and confirmed that the promo would apply. Of course it would have to be in December due to when the route starts and the promo ends.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: AS 75K
I'm only a few years into this status thing and am starting to see a nice pattern with respect to requalifying.... flights get A LOT cheaper in the fall leading up to the end of the year. I've been on the fence about going for 75K but I'm pretty sure I'll mileage run or make more frequent "commuter" trips than I might otherwise have. Might even have to take a couple quick weekend "trips". The 50K RDMs and booking directly into PC are just too good to let go. I'm sure upgrades will be less than with my 100K status this year but even as a 75K I'm hoping for a few.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mtofell
I'm only a few years into this status thing and am starting to see a nice pattern with respect to requalifying.... flights get A LOT cheaper in the fall leading up to the end of the year. I've been on the fence about going for 75K but I'm pretty sure I'll mileage run or make more frequent "commuter" trips than I might otherwise have. Might even have to take a couple quick weekend "trips". The 50K RDMs and booking directly into PC are just too good to let go. I'm sure upgrades will be less than with my 100K status this year but even as a 75K I'm hoping for a few.
Cheaper fares can be had in the beginning of the year as well after the Jan 1, at least for those on the east coast. I am ex-NYC, but looking to do a few MRs ex-ORD on AS.
mtofell likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.