Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Mileage Runs - 20K Away From 75K

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
2022 Mileage Runs - 20K Away From 75K

Any good mileage runs currently? Live in LA so LAX or BUR Would be good starting airports, but WAS and NEW airports could also work.
flights seem to have gone up so much I can’t find anything as good as what I used to find. As I’m already at 55K 15K above gold I would like to try to make it to 75K
thx
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Checkout the double EQM promotion using PAE. SNA is one of the destinations included. Might pencil out better.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by williwaw
Checkout the double EQM promotion using PAE. SNA is one of the destinations included. Might pencil out better.
thank you I did see that, but even with the double miles that’s only 2000 ish EQM for $130+ Depending on day in saver

and the sad part is I’m starting to think that this is good for the times
like last year I was able to do the East Coast to Anchorage or Fairbanks getting about 5000 miles each way for around $120 in saver or $160 in Main
(most of the time I was even able to get myself grouted through LAX San Diego or San Francisco just adding more miles)
yet the price for these flights has doubled
williwaw likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I am not even going to consider if or how to make 75K for 2023 until September. I'm not even searching around for flights and probably won't for at least another month.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
Any good mileage runs currently? Live in LA so LAX or BUR Would be good starting airports, but WAS and NEW airports could also work.
flights seem to have gone up so much I can’t find anything as good as what I used to find. As I’m already at 55K 15K above gold I would like to try to make it to 75K
thx
I'm in pretty much the same place mileage-wise (or will be in three weeks) but I feel that leaves plenty of time to reach 75k again organically. At the beginning of the year, I'd hoped to reach 100k, but I've decided that the difference in benefits just isn't substantial enough. If I happen to reach it, that's great, but if I don't, I'm fine with that.

As far as mileage runs, you've got plenty of time. If your usual travel pattern won't garner you enough miles before the end of the year, why not go see a friend in a different city or visit a destination you're interested in? In other words, focus on trips you want to take instead of mileage runs.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Quick jaunt to Hawaii? I'm eyeing some dates well under $300 in September.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:02 am

Similar place but I’ve got little incentive to chase status anymore after AS cancelled so many of my flights this year. If they really hold to the requirements after almost a half year of meltdowns then I know it’s time to move business around.

With original bookings I would have been easily over 100k by now.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
20,000 eqm is a quick flight on Condor to Frankfurt in J. Take a nice trip to Europe in the Fall.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
20,000 eqm is a quick flight on Condor to Frankfurt in J. Take a nice trip to Europe in the Fall.
As long as you have the requisite AS metal flights; 12 for MVPG75K. Otherwise no Elite status, no 50K bonus RDM, no AA SWU and no AL passes.

From LAX, I would look at AA to MIA, possible upgrade on a widebody. AS MIA-SEA-ANC-LAX. There are decent MIA-ANC through fares for 4,164 EQM in September. There are a lot of cheap PE & J fares out there too. Fall is definitely a better time. Prices are moderating as well.

James
PlowJockey and simonsuo like this.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Jul 10, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
I'm at 4,000 miles due to a regrettable jump to Delta in Spring.

I feel this catching up pain, so so much.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Since Russ got traded, AS needs to hire a new Chief Football Officer, so they can offer some promos in the fall.
philemer, olouie, catmndu and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by dayone
Since Russ got traded, AS needs to hire anoint a new Chief Football Officer, so they can offer some promos in the fall.
ftfy (not that it really matters)
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
thx
Haha I am on the same boat. Requalified for Gold in Feb after a few NYC-LAX-ANC-LAX-NYC trips. If you don't mind to travel internationally then you may try NYC-DFW-NRT-HAN-NRT-DFW-SEA-NYC on AA for ~$1.1k (booked in L class with AA flight # and earn 100% EQM). NRT-HAN operated by JL . DFW-NRT can be either on JL or AA metal. As a 100k, you can select whatever Y seat you want at booking. If you are lucky, you may be able to use your SWU on DFW-NRT. This trip alone should earn you ~20k EQM (if you don't count your reposition flights from LAX to NYC)
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I'm at 20K with most of my work travel cancelled again thanks to Covid High status. I'll be at 50K at the end of the year without mileage running and not sure I'm up for it. I have Gold for life, so that will have to do for 2023.
notquiteaff and leland like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
I'm in pretty much the same place mileage-wise (or will be in three weeks) but I feel that leaves plenty of time to reach 75k again organically. At the beginning of the year, I'd hoped to reach 100k, but I've decided that the difference in benefits just isn't substantial enough. If I happen to reach it, that's great, but if I don't, I'm fine with that.

As far as mileage runs, you've got plenty of time. If your usual travel pattern won't garner you enough miles before the end of the year, why not go see a friend in a different city or visit a destination you're interested in? In other words, focus on trips you want to take instead of mileage runs.
you’re totally right, but my 55K calculation comes from my total booked flights this year which I’ll admit is not that many more flights, so I have room to book more trips, but still, with the rising flight costs it’s is not that easy to get an extra unless I do a mileage run of some sort

Originally Posted by QT31415
Quick jaunt to Hawaii? I'm eyeing some dates well under $300 in September.
I was actually looking and thinking of that, it sounds amazing, but the dates don’t work out too well for me, it does seem that Maui at least from LAX is a tiny bit less than Honolulu and Kauai and The big island. As matter fact, on some days it looks like they remove direct flights to some of the islands from LAX which I was quite surprised to see

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
sounds amazing but expensive, what is a round trip now $3k?

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
As long as you have the requisite AS metal flights; 12 for MVPG75K. Otherwise no Elite status, no 50K bonus RDM, no AA SWU and no AL passes.

From LAX, I would look at AA to MIA, possible upgrade on a widebody. AS MIA-SEA-ANC-LAX. There are decent MIA-ANC through fares for 4,164 EQM in September. There are a lot of cheap PE & J fares out there too. Fall is definitely a better time. Prices are moderating as well.

James
I agree, and I’m very happy with American‘s lowest fares not being basic economy for most flights as far as I can tell (unlike Alaska which foots them all in saver) but American you are in a small percentage so unless I buy a high fair class which are almost always overpriced then even though the LAX to Miami flights are much enjoyable especially in lieflat business when you pay for a cheap economy ticket I don’t earn all that much miles on it.
i’m gonna look into it, I like your idea of the Miami to Anchorage, I tried looking at other similar routing and was not finding much success and finding any sort of reasonable prices
I think I figured out a few different ways to spend about $750-1K and get the 20K miles but i’m trying to find it for less.

Originally Posted by Thichbay
Haha I am on the same boat. Requalified for Gold in Feb after a few NYC-LAX-ANC-LAX-NYC trips. If you don't mind to travel internationally then you may try NYC-DFW-NRT-HAN-NRT-DFW-SEA-NYC on AA for ~$1.1k (booked in L class with AA flight # and earn 100% EQM). NRT-HAN operated by JL . DFW-NRT can be either on JL or AA metal. As a 100k, you can select whatever Y seat you want at booking. If you are lucky, you may be able to use your SWU on DFW-NRT. This trip alone should earn you ~20k EQM (if you don't count your reposition flights from LAX to NYC)
yeah, I’m actually gonna use my upgrade codes on a flight to Madrid and a flight back from Tel Aviv, I looked and looked and looked at so many different routes to see if there was any confirmed availability and I simply was not able to find any confirmed availability throughout the month. That I would be looking to go on an international trip, with that said I just decided to be put on the waitlist and hope for the best, I did get on a 777 and a 787-9 both with almost empty Business class so I think I have a chance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.