Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

A message from Alaska Airlines CEO Ben Minicucci: Getting back on track

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A message from Alaska Airlines CEO Ben Minicucci: Getting back on track

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
The reality is that almost every airline has struggled with running a reliable operation at some point in the past year.
Pretty much, WN, AA, B6, DL, UA have all had ups and downs since 3/20. Now it's AS's turn in the barrel. We'll see if they can get this right or not.
Old May 19, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Originally Posted by DuckFlyer
Trying to post this in a non-inflamatory way but as soon as my wife and I watched this video we remembered that AS started facing significant ops challenges when they jettisoned the scripture cards from first class meals…
Just wait until they have to fight or settle the lawsuit that was filed on behalf of now former flight attendants Marli Brown and Lacey Smith.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by 985X
Next time something like this happens, my suggestion would be rebook to OAK/SFO/SJC, then either rent a car or take a train back to SMF. At least that way you can reach SMF by Sunday night.
Another option could be RNO.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: Costco Club
DL and UA reportedly have reached tentative agreements with their pilots, what's taking AS so long?
Old May 19, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
DL and UA reportedly have reached tentative agreements with their pilots, what's taking AS so long?

Management
AS Flyer, Tack and BayAreaTrvler like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Another option could be RNO.
Yes, indeed. Thanks for the info.

Sacramento is well situated geographically. AS, how about some more flights in SMF !
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
As just had to experience AC for just a simple hop from YTZ >> YOW.....AS is running flawlessly by comparison......AC is just a mess in Canada. ....I miss AS already....
Old May 21, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

I found some interesting data from BTS website, the 3rd column refers to number of full-time employees, and the 4th column refers to number of part-time employees. April 2022 is not available yet.

For anyone interested in those data, please visit:
https://www.transtats.bts.gov/Employment/
Old May 22, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: MVPG75, Club 49, OWE, Hilton, Bonvoy, Enterprise Plus, MGM, AA, BA
I was told by a Capt. and family friend, that he knew seven other pilots, who resigned/retired over the vaccine requirements. He and his FA wife had a religious exemption.
mixmastermark likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by AkGirl59
I was told by a Capt. and family friend, that he knew seven other pilots, who resigned/retired over the vaccine requirements. He and his FA wife had a religious exemption.
Hello, its mid 2022 and the vaccine requirement is old non-news. The pilot shortage has nothing to do with vaccine requirements and never did. Time to move on!
Old May 23, 2022, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Hello, its mid 2022 and the vaccine requirement is old non-news. The pilot shortage has nothing to do with vaccine requirements and never did. Time to move on!
[All old "news" is non-news, as news is the plural of new ]
Old May 23, 2022, 5:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

This thread is now a discussion of anything and everything. Time to close.

dayone, AS Moderator
edgewood49 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.