Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by 985X
They removed all afternoon SFO-LAX flights in August on Wednesdays. The last SFO-LAX flight departs at 210pm. ...
aaaaaaand there goes your 3x/week travel plan using the monthly subscription (or at least a substantial part of it) for grad school
anteater likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by jrl767
aaaaaaand there goes your 3x/week travel plan using the monthly subscription (or at least a substantial part of it) for grad school

Luckily I didn't fall into that monthly pass trap. I booked all my fall semester 100+ flights at 5k miles each way by manually adding stopovers for greater chance of schedule changes over an hour and rebook it to the nonstop flight I wanted. Even the agent called me out doing that lol.

I have a couple reservations on UA and WN too (like less than 10 in total), so 90% of them would still be on AS metal. Our department just released data for our class, 29 students in total, which is a rather small cohort, so I guess I will still have to chance to network with everyone even with this crazy plan. Guinness denied my request, citing personal achievement doesn't qualify for the new title. But I will still do it to save money (and a great story too). Maybe one day if it becomes viral you might see it on Alaska blog (minus dealing with constant schedule changes headache part
anteater and Arsene Wenger like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Well, tonight is Saturday night....fingers crossed for a schedule change as I have multiple flights booked for next Fall/Winter that I'd like to get re-booked to my preferred times.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Well, tonight is Saturday night....fingers crossed for a schedule change as I have multiple flights booked for next Fall/Winter that I'd like to get re-booked to my preferred times.
I'm gonna blame you on the nasty schedule changes I'm seeing for October

I'm really surprised they got rid of GEG-LAX between Sept 1 and Thanksgiving
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Only hit with 22 schedule changes this time, that's rookie numbers.

September Wednesdays LAX-SFO 820am flight removed. First flight 6am, second flight 1030am..

October Tuesdays LAX-SFO 6am flight removed. First flight 820am.

LAX-SJC only 4X daily Tu/Wed/Sat, 7X daily all other days.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
The loss of the 4pm SEA-DEN flight this fall leaves a 6 hour gap in the schedule and me either leaving my house at 10 for the 1pm and rescheduling 3 not easy to find an unicorn time for all parties to meet or 7 pm which gets me to DEN too late to take transit to Boulder
and requires a 90 dollar Uber/Lyft ride to Boulder.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, National and Avis Elite member
In the latest schedule, the Los Angeles-Reno (LAX-RNO) is completely gone starting in September. And there's no American nonstop either so there's no oneworld way to get between LA and Reno. I wonder how many other routes are gone.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:24 am

LAX-FAT Fresno CA also cancelled Sept 7-Apr 17. I wonder if that route would ever come back. And I would hate driving to Fresno.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I'm gonna blame you on the nasty schedule changes I'm seeing for October

I'm really surprised they got rid of GEG-LAX between Sept 1 and Thanksgiving
Not saying this with any certainty but the TREX project at GEG,which starts in August, has them losing a Q/175 ground boarding gate.
dgreen12 likes this.

Last edited by SNAnghbr; Jul 24, 2022 at 11:39 am
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Rickrich
In the latest schedule, the Los Angeles-Reno (LAX-RNO) is completely gone starting in September. And there's no American nonstop either so there's no oneworld way to get between LA and Reno. I wonder how many other routes are gone.
With the A320s and Q400s rapidly exiting the fleet this year and California seemingly always getting the short end of the stick, it is logical that more cuts will be coming to routes that don't touch SEA. Maybe in 2024 if other carriers don't fill in the gaps they are leaving will AS start to grow again--or stop reducing the # of seats offered-- outside of SEA.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:26 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
I’m not finding any flights after 9:45pm Seattle to Anchorage making Mideast thru east coast to Alaska flights very challenging to make it to Anchorage same day. They used to offer flights at 10pm to midnight’ish Seattle to Anchorage, but no longer.

DUT
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Well, well. Since moving from Seattle to Bellingham, PAE has been my go-to airport for certain nonstops. Looks like that's going to change after Sunday's schedule changes.

PAE-PSP nonstops are being cut back; in November, there are none at all for the first two weeks, and none Wednesday and Thursday the week prior to Thanksgiving. (So much for my nonstop trip that week.) I'm not sure I'd trust the schedule after mid-November, either.

If I have to change planes anyway, I'll travel BLI-PSP and the AS CSR did accommodate that. But it makes a sweet 2.5 hour nonstop into a workday-length travel experience with the layover.

Strikes me as odd since AS is doing a lot to promote PAE flights right now.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My schedule changes were for October....no changes to my November or December flights which leads me to believe the schedule for those months is still not quite set.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I figured no schedule changes tonight since there were schedule changes last Saturday that affected one of my October trips....well, I just noticed a December trip just got hit with a schedule change (cancellation) so check your December trips!
985X likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:11 pm

Got hit with 25 schedule changes, ranging from Nov 18th until Dec 16th.
Every Sat night/Sun morning I call AS for rebooking..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.