Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

how to change mileage-use flights that were changed by Alaska?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

Hey there, I know this has happened to hundreds/thousands of folks over the past month or two, but I'm struggling to figure out what to do. Months ago, I booked tickets on Alaska using my American miles to fly from SJC-KOA next month. Just got the flight change emails for both directions, and we absolutely cannot make the return flights work (the outbound flights stink, but I don't see any other options). I'm waiting for the call back from Alaska customer service, but what can I do in this situation? Can they move us to a flight on another airline? I don't know what to ask for, and I don't know if I should be asking this of American or Alaska (I'm Gold on American, not that it helps much).

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As you booked using AA ff miles currency AAdvantage need to resolve.
Does AA or AS have a flight that may work?

OP AA thread-->how to deal with flight changes on AA mileage-use tickets on Alaska
philemer and shannon94188 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

Cross-posting is not permitted (FT Rule 6). Please follow the discussion in the AA forum.

dayone, AS Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.