Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Alaska Lounge in SEA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Which Alaska Lounge in SEA?

will have ~3 hours in SEATAC next week. Arrive into C concourse, leave out of D. how do the AS lounges in each concourse compare? better food or views from either? try both? TIA.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by planyi
will have ~3 hours in SEATAC next week. Arrive into C concourse, leave out of D. how do the AS lounges in each concourse compare? better food or views from either? try both? TIA.
The Seattle N Gates lounge is brand new and ginormous and amazing, if you have three hours, skip the other lounges and go straight to N gates, C lounge is small, D lounge is two floors but also small, It is the original lounge
ive been to all three lounges, I would take the quick underground tram ride To N gates, And go to the lounge there, at the end after youve eaten , If you still have a tiny bit of time left and are curious, you can go check out the other lounges, but the food is the exact same in all three, but the end gates one is a lot bigger, like a lot a lot bigger, many thousands of square feet, and has very nice new furnishing
oh, and you asked about views, N Gates lounge has the best view, D gates lounge, You just get to see all the planes parked, no view of the runway or beauty of the Seattle airport, C gates lounge, Has a small view, but nothing compared to N gates

Last edited by RaingerRain; Jan 25, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by planyi
The odds of your concourses sticking (unless you're on regional plane into to C) are slim. Given your time, head over to N. It is the nicest and most spacious setting. I may actually like C better than D, but not by a large margin.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The odds of your concourses sticking (unless you're on regional plane into to C) are slim. Given your time, head over to N. It is the nicest and most spacious setting. I may actually like C better than D, but not by a large margin.
Eastbay1K is right, Gates change all the time, Almost no chance, That whatever gate it says youre gonna be at right now is gonna be the gate that you actually depart and arrive from, The gates change all the time, theres a lot of factors that go into this, But it doesnt really matter because if you truly have three hours then no matter what you have time to take the less than 10 minutes ( it doesnt matter where you start from ) commute to the Alaska N Gates lounge
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Agree with all above. N lounge blows C and D out of the water.. Food and bev options are relatively the same, but for space, seating options, views, etc, N truly is miles above.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:04 pm

You have great runway and taxiway views from the N lounge too.
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Definitely N. Best food choices as well.
SimonT007 and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
Eastbay1K is right,
He faux-humbly agrees.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
N Lounge is one of the best in the Country of any domestic airline!
SimonT007 and mtofell like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:37 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
3 hours = 3 lounges, but Id favor N as others have mentioned.

C and N locations are conveniently located at train stops so its easy to go between them, in my opinion.

DUT
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

thanks all! N concourse lounge it is!
FlyerDigits and mtofell like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:24 pm

Apologies for the random derailing comment, but I think OP has their answer at this point. Ill be flying into/out of SEATAC later this quarter, and am wondering if I will have access to the N lounge. Have an Admirals Club membership (regular, not through CC), and gold status on AA. Flight will be either AA or AS. I know AS lounges are notorious for denying PP members due to capacity; is it the same case for Admirals members?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
The D lounge at SEA has not seen any love from AS in many years. It is run down and usually crowded with people trying to find a place to sit. The staff is great but they are working with a bad layout and run down furniture. N will be your best bet with C as the backup. Food options are less at D with no Barista station.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
but the food is the exact same in all three
The soups tend to be different in each lounge, depending on when they get changed out
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by kyleclogan
Apologies for the random derailing comment, but I think OP has their answer at this point. Ill be flying into/out of SEATAC later this quarter, and am wondering if I will have access to the N lounge. Have an Admirals Club membership (regular, not through CC), and gold status on AA. Flight will be either AA or AS. I know AS lounges are notorious for denying PP members due to capacity; is it the same case for Admirals members?
Priority Pass doesn't get you into the Alaska Lounge anymore.

Alaska Lounge is open to the following Admirals Club members: Annual and lifetime members, Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard primary cardholders, ConciergeKey members and AirPass members with Admirals Club privileges. See https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp, you can go to "All Alaska Airlines Lounges (when departing on flights marketed and operated by American or Alaska Airlines)"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.