Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
  • Requirements:
    100K Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
​​​​​​​
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by FlyingOptimist
I’m on 1/31 JFK to PDX right now. One other individual is 100K on this flight, and he is flying with his friend/partner. Like me, he also did some mileage runs last year to hit the 100K mark, but they don’t really know what the perks/benefits are between 75K and 100K. I explained what I know from this forum and that this year is more like 100K-lite, and that next year there should be more. They didn’t seem too impressed with the benefits other than priority over OneWorld Elites.
So, here's a question to debate: What is the % of 100K flyers that are here on FT??? I hesitate to even throw out a guess but think A LOT of the most frequent AS flyers are in here. Still, I'd be surprised if a couple % were on here. Any guesses?
FlyingOptimist likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:04 pm

100k here, #6 on the upgrade list today. No benifit for me this flight . But i might get a $3 snack!

I suspect there are alot of 100k's this year.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the deal with the AA international upgrade certs? Are they more or less the same rules as SWUs (C space required, max 3 segments, next higher cabin only).

I'm also curious to know where AA puts you in the upgrade priority.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Originally Posted by mtofell
So, here's a question to debate: What is the % of 100K flyers that are here on FT??? I hesitate to even throw out a guess but think A LOT of the most frequent AS flyers are in here. Still, I'd be surprised if a couple % were on here. Any guesses?
Originally Posted by Boo_Crew
100k here, #6 on the upgrade list today. No benifit for me this flight . But i might get a $3 snack!

From looking at the 100K Upgrade thread, it seems like a large portion of the ANC and FAI crowd are 100K for this year (whether or not organically or from EQM bonus).
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Boo_Crew

Last Friday I was #4 as 100K BOS-SEA T-24 and then I was upgraded T-22, but there were still 3 open seats in F. Maybe the waitlist is not 100% accurate yet re: 100k status? I was a little surprised that there were 3 100ks ahead of me since I purchased in September.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by joachimm
Last Friday I was #4 as 100K BOS-SEA T-24 and then I was upgraded T-22, but there were still 3 open seats in F. Maybe the waitlist is not 100% accurate yet re: 100k status? I was a little surprised that there were 3 100ks ahead of me since I purchased in September.
yesterday I started out #14 o upgrade waitlist to ORD as 100K. This was the furthest down the list I’ve been in the last 5 years. (All prior years 75K). 4 direct flights a day to ORD. I SDC into FC on
the afternoon flight.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: Yes
I believe there are more 100Ks than people realize.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by anteater
I'm going with whatever anteater thinks.
joachimm likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by anteater
The waitlist should specify status of people!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is anyone seeing their miles still stuck at 125% bonus? All my flights on the 30th and 31st are still posting 125% only. I remember in the email the retro miles for flights flown in Jan before the official launch. I feel like I need to give them a call.

BTW, I think all my past 5 flights 100k was called with FC. For the only one I didn't get an upgrade, FA congrats my 100k, with chocolate, and that 3 snacks choices.

Edit: I double-checked again, and only those less than 500 miles posted a total of 1250 miles. Other flights over 500 miles posted a 150% bonus correctly.

Last edited by simonsuo; Feb 1, 2022 at 2:33 pm Reason: Clarify the situation
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by simonsuo
Is anyone seeing their miles still stuck at 125% bonus? All my flights on the 30th and 31st are still posting 125% only. I remember in the email the retro miles for flights flown in Jan before the official launch. I feel like I need to give them a call.

BTW, I think all my past 5 flights 100k was called with FC. For the only one I didn't get an upgrade, FA congrats my 100k, with chocolate, and that 3 snacks choices.
all my flights at end of last week and so far this week have been at the 150% bonus rate.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I don’t have a lot of faith in the IT and upgrade processor so I did an experiment. I noticed when I changed over to 100k that all of my existing reservations on the app still showed me as 75k unless I clicked on edit number and then save it and then pulled down to refresh and it would show as 100k now. So I left one reservation alone. During check in, I was #6 on the waitlist out of 19. I then did the update mileage number as you can do that up until departure on the app. I didn’t change the number but saved whatever was already there and then refreshed app and quickly checked and it now showed 100k waitlisted for first class and when I went to the upgrade list, I was now #1. I know others hadn’t cleared in this minute I was doing this because the other names were still there but now below me.

YMMV but clearly there is some glitches and I’ve had to manually call in to get upgraded when I didn’t even show on the waitlist during check in in 2021.

A few years ago when I was an AA exp, I had this problem where existing reservations didn’t update with my change in status so I had to delete my number and then re-enter it and it then would accurately reflect my status instantaneously. So maybe it’s a similar situation with Alaska.

I lost complete faith in the upgrade processor when i didn’t show up on the waitlist on the app but the representative insisted I was waitlisted because it said I was in italics on the reservation. That flight left with empty first class seats and I was in economy. Never again. The following two times this happened, I made sure someone got me on the list and I could see my name. I know others have had this problem too.
tonylop33 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
The lone new sign at PDX. The others in the check in area still don’t have 100K.

Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The lone new sign at PDX. The others in the check in area still don’t have 100K.

I’m not sure how I missed that this morning. I literally stood there by the name tag station/table for an hour at 4am playing Pokémon Go and didn’t even notice it. I’ll have to keep an eye out for those now; great find!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
I don’t have a lot of faith in the IT and upgrade processor so I did an experiment. I noticed when I changed over to 100k that all of my existing reservations on the app still showed me as 75k unless I clicked on edit number and then save it and then pulled down to refresh and it would show as 100k now. So I left one reservation alone. During check in, I was #6 on the waitlist out of 19. I then did the update mileage number as you can do that up until departure on the app. I didn’t change the number but saved whatever was already there and then refreshed app and quickly checked and it now showed 100k waitlisted for first class and when I went to the upgrade list, I was now #1. I know others hadn’t cleared in this minute I was doing this because the other names were still there but now below me.

YMMV but clearly there is some glitches and I’ve had to manually call in to get upgraded when I didn’t even show on the waitlist during check in in 2021.

A few years ago when I was an AA exp, I had this problem where existing reservations didn’t update with my change in status so I had to delete my number and then re-enter it and it then would accurately reflect my status instantaneously. So maybe it’s a similar situation with Alaska.

I lost complete faith in the upgrade processor when i didn’t show up on the waitlist on the app but the representative insisted I was waitlisted because it said I was in italics on the reservation. That flight left with empty first class seats and I was in economy. Never again. The following two times this happened, I made sure someone got me on the list and I could see my name. I know others have had this problem too.
Thanks for pointing this out. Half of my scheduled flights had me listed as 75k. I did as you described and the system updated.

Last edited by tonylop33; Feb 2, 2022 at 6:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.