FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:19 pm
wanderlust4life

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I don’t have a lot of faith in the IT and upgrade processor so I did an experiment. I noticed when I changed over to 100k that all of my existing reservations on the app still showed me as 75k unless I clicked on edit number and then save it and then pulled down to refresh and it would show as 100k now. So I left one reservation alone. During check in, I was #6 on the waitlist out of 19. I then did the update mileage number as you can do that up until departure on the app. I didn’t change the number but saved whatever was already there and then refreshed app and quickly checked and it now showed 100k waitlisted for first class and when I went to the upgrade list, I was now #1. I know others hadn’t cleared in this minute I was doing this because the other names were still there but now below me.

YMMV but clearly there is some glitches and I’ve had to manually call in to get upgraded when I didn’t even show on the waitlist during check in in 2021.

A few years ago when I was an AA exp, I had this problem where existing reservations didn’t update with my change in status so I had to delete my number and then re-enter it and it then would accurately reflect my status instantaneously. So maybe it’s a similar situation with Alaska.

I lost complete faith in the upgrade processor when i didn’t show up on the waitlist on the app but the representative insisted I was waitlisted because it said I was in italics on the reservation. That flight left with empty first class seats and I was in economy. Never again. The following two times this happened, I made sure someone got me on the list and I could see my name. I know others have had this problem too.