Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Limited Coach Food Options After January 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium

Pre-ordered food reserved after January 8 will be canceled. Since I read of the upcoming in-flight service reductions, I was concerned of the pre-reserved food for an upcoming flight Seattle to JFK. I started a chat with AS. I was told that anything ordered after January 8 will be canceled. The app still shows the confirmed order. I had to reach out to them. There has been no communication of a specific date that food will be canceled nor has there been any communication about my specific flights. This is ridiculous. It is a six hour flight.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Does the cancellation also apply to first?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: Yes
Where did AS announce this cancellation of pre-orders?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lattegirl13
Pre-ordered food reserved after January 8 will be canceled. Since I read of the upcoming in-flight service reductions, I was concerned of the pre-reserved food for an upcoming flight Seattle to JFK. I started a chat with AS. I was told that anything ordered after January 8 will be canceled. The app still shows the confirmed order. I had to reach out to them. There has been no communication of a specific date that food will be canceled nor has there been any communication about my specific flights. This is ridiculous. It is a six hour flight.
Always helpful when an "I was told" is translated into the active voice, such as "a phone agent told me," etc. (I assume you mean chat was in the chat feature, not a telephone chat.)
davedeboston likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS 100K
I have a flight tomorrow morning that I pre-ordered food in Main. Guess we'll find out if I win or lose the game of "some employee disclosed a new and unheard of policy to one individual that hasn't been communicated to anyone else".

I don't tend to hold my breath when a single employee produces some new policy out of nowhere. I'll be sure to get my fill in the lounge just in case!
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Guess the system didn't get the memo as it just let me order food for the following weeks flight. I hope AS is ready for the passenger backlash of not delivering on what the service is supposed to be and not announcing it far enough in advance. I suspect the FAs are going to see a ton of onboard abuse. Nothing like a 6 hour Transcon and no food onboard.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Bring food and water on board, even if F.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
I have a flight tomorrow morning that I pre-ordered food in Main. Guess we'll find out if I win or lose the game of "some employee disclosed a new and unheard of policy to one individual that hasn't been communicated to anyone else".

I don't tend to hold my breath when a single employee produces some new policy out of nowhere. I'll be sure to get my fill in the lounge just in case!
Originally Posted by rune87
Guess the system didn't get the memo as it just let me order food for the following weeks flight. I hope AS is ready for the passenger backlash of not delivering on what the service is supposed to be and not announcing it far enough in advance. I suspect the FAs are going to see a ton of onboard abuse. Nothing like a 6 hour Transcon and no food onboard.
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
Bring food and water on board, even if F.
Good grief, people. All this kerfuffle over an ill-informed chat or res agent...

The January 8 date is referring to the AFA announcement about service reductions in coach through the end of the month.

Changes to the pre-order system are based on the length of the flight, and apply mostly to short and medium haul flights.

Transcon and Hawaii go from 63 pre-orders down to 42. They don't go away, unless all 42 have been ordered.

Once again, this doesn't apply to the first class cabin.

You can read it all here:

https://afaalaska.org/committees/inf...ice-reductions
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Food PreOrder not working

My wife and I flew to Hawaii last week when the flight attendant came by for our food order she had my wife’s but not mine in her paperwork.

fFlying back next week and my selection does not show up on the app. My wife”s does.

Reservations says they see both our orders but hers is different than what she selected and what is on the app.

Anyone else having the same issue?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
I have a flight next Thursday and just noticed my pre order has disappeared. Flying premium.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:43 pm

For the love of polenta!
KE81 and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
My pre-ordered meal just disappeared for tomorrow and the Food option is grayed out. Perhaps there is some truth to this. Pre-order for the 24th is still there, for now.

EDIT: This is only for Y. F preorders are still there.

Last edited by RAD_PDX; Jan 14, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

My EWR-LAX next week first class pre-order is still there, but all options greyed out so I'm unable to edit order. No, I'm not risking canceling order and re-ordering it.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 985X
My EWR-LAX next week first class pre-order is still there, but all options greyed out so I'm unable to edit order. No, I'm not risking canceling order and re-ordering it.
At least if you don't like it there is a black market out there to resell your bowl of hash
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.