Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Alaska Miles on LATAM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
I see that BOG-RIO is available via Delta. Some of the flights say "operated by Latam Peru" and others (like the GRU-GIG) say "operated by Latam Brazil." So at least with Delta you can get the Latam Brazil flights. I just called AS and they didn't see anything tho. So I guess it might be true that you can't book the Brazil flights. Crabby agent tho.

EDIT: I decided to call back because I gave them flight dates that included Latam Brazil. Anyway I got a much much friendlier agent who said "oh wow this is my first Latam booking." She was able to find flights that included Brazil Latam! The flights showed on Delta, although all the flights that I saw on Delta didn't show on AS. So sounds like Delta is a promising way to find availabity. I didn't book the flight and she wasn't able to confirm the taxes unless I booked. 12500 from Colombia to Brazil is a steal though, when I get time I'll give it another shot. I think I read somewhere else that people couldn't get a LATAM flight booked, but the fact I see it on Delta makes me feel a little better.
dc333 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:01 pm

Trying to book a MIA-SCL roundtrip that I found on DL website. Both agents said MIA-SCL is not a valid city pair?? Shall I just feed the agents with flight numbers directly?

EDIT: finally, after 3 rounds of HUCA got an agent knows exactly what to do.
ryandelmundo and Sonny84 like this.

Last edited by wanymayold; Sep 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm Reason: An update
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Originally Posted by wanymayold
Trying to book a MIA-SCL roundtrip that I found on DL website. Both agents said MIA-SCL is not a valid city pair?? Shall I just feed the agents with flight numbers directly?

EDIT: finally, after 3 rounds of HUCA got an agent knows exactly what to do.
Wow great news. Can you confirm how many AK points it was? Successful booking? How much were the taxes and did that compare the same as on DL?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Came across this thread while sorting out AS issues with booking LA flights; and it inspired me to keep calling back - turns out that is the key. Most agents there don't know what they are doing. You have to find one that does. More info on my booking here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34725772-post2687.html
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I'm 0/4 on my HUCAs today booking flights where I know there's space on that do not include Latam Brazil. This is a royal pain in the butt. (Just needed to vent somewhere. )
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
In the happy ending department, the evening reps seemed more helpful last night, and after help from the partner desk and few more call backs, I was able to ticket two 45K (Latam Peru operated) LAX-LIM-GRU reservations in business. I would have liked to have tagged on SFO-LAX but at this point I was just happy to seal the deal on something after so many fits and starts.

Anecdotal note: "U" class for business straight through LAX-LIM-GRU showed up on various other sites (Delta, Iberia, ExpertFlyer) but Alaska couldn't make it happen--even searching by segment as advised in a blog post elsewhere. So, I just decided to add a LIM stopover each time and call it a day.

Added: And...now as of today I am seeing availability on the Alaska website.

Last edited by snorkmaster; Nov 3, 2022 at 9:09 pm
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It looks like LATAM is now bookable online.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Wow great news. Can you confirm how many AK points it was? Successful booking? How much were the taxes and did that compare the same as on DL?
Sorry, I have not checked FT lately. It was 45k each way. Paid $47.67 in tax and $25 in fee for a simple roundtrip.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:07 pm

Has anyone had any luck booking online? Every time I try I get the dreaded error message.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:52 pm

worked a while back for me but I've been getting errors the past few days too.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:42 pm

I called in and talked to an agent today. On their system it didnt show the business class space I was seeing and they said it is probably gone but it takes 24 hours for the system to update. I mentioned this space has been shown available and I have been trying to book it for the last five days. So basically once again the fabulous partner space that either doesn't exist or cant be booked. Why exactly am I saving miles in this program?
Old Dec 6, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Has anyone had any luck booking online? Every time I try I get the dreaded error message.
Worked for me - I booked a one way Brazil-US in J and flew it earlier this week. No errors.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:38 pm

So after spending 90 min on the phone with the partner desk we have come to the conclusion that most J award space on LATAM just doesn't exist, no matter what the web site says. They can see some space that doesn't show on the web site (with double red eyes) but cant see the space that does show up on the site. The excuse is the usual "our site doesn't communicate well with most partners". Beyond frustrating.
atojbk likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
We all know how rare LATAM J space is, and I'm lucky enough to grab LAX-LIM AND LIM-LAX roundtrip J in April booked through the website. The funny story is, my outbound is LAX-LIM (J) - CUZ (Y), one ticket with a stopover in LIM. But I cannot book a ticket for the return on the same day. If I search CUZ-LAX, only the coach option is available. If I force a multicity search traveling the same day, it won't let me buy with that generic error message as seats not available. I end up buying the LIM-LAX, and I know CUZ-LIM is cheap, no problem out of my pocket, and I don't want two stopovers in LIM. Wondering if others have a similar problem.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by simonsuo
We all know how rare LATAM J space is, and I'm lucky enough to grab LAX-LIM AND LIM-LAX roundtrip J in April booked through the website. The funny story is, my outbound is LAX-LIM (J) - CUZ (Y), one ticket with a stopover in LIM. But I cannot book a ticket for the return on the same day. If I search CUZ-LAX, only the coach option is available. If I force a multicity search traveling the same day, it won't let me buy with that generic error message as seats not available. I end up buying the LIM-LAX, and I know CUZ-LIM is cheap, no problem out of my pocket, and I don't want two stopovers in LIM. Wondering if others have a similar problem.
This is not responsive to your issue but is critical. Absent circumstances that I've not heard about in years, LA will NOT check your bag through on separate tickets, even if LA to LA connection. Not much of an issue on your outbound, because you still need to "enter" Peru. But on the return, you could have a lengthy "exit" Peru immigration line, and you will be waiting for your luggage. And note that even if you fly with hand-luggage only, the smaller LA stations are likely to pull a US-sized standard bag.
jsguyrus and simonsuo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.