Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Upcoming HNL/Mainland flight:Your choice of:

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Complimentary

It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s® Flagship cheese, Tillamook® sharp cheddar and brie, Partners® crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chop

Complimentary

Roasted pineapple teriyaki-marinated pork loin, served with island roasted vegetables, mashed sweet potato, roasted cherry tomatoes, and topped with a teriyaki glaze

Roasted Squash Grain Bowl

Complimentary

Toasted ancient grains with sautéed arugula and spinach, grilled pineapple, herb roasted tomatoes and roasted kabocha squash and then topped with a soy sauce dressing

Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
DEN-SEA JAN. 24, 2022 F Menu:Your choice of:

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Complimentary

It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s® Flagship cheese, Tillamook® sharp cheddar and brie, Partners® crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Select

Fall Grain Bowl

Complimentary

Roasted sweet potatoes and apple served with quinoa, marinated kale, creamy gouda, and toasted walnuts, then topped with a cinnamon maple vinaigrette

Select

PM Protein Platter

Complimentary

Cilantro lime mole dressing with crisp baby carrots, cucumber, fresh strawberries, cage free hard boiled egg, Port Salut cheese, Tillamook sharp cheddar, and fire braised turkey breast

SEA-ANC Menu (same day):Your choice of:

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Complimentary

Select

Fall Grain Bowl

Complimentary

Roasted sweet potatoes and apple served with quinoa, marinated kale, creamy gouda, and toasted walnuts, then topped with a cinnamon maple vinaigrette

Select

Herb Roasted Chicken

Complimentary

Herb roasted chicken breast, with grilled asparagus, roasted fingerling potatoes, and marinated cherry tomatoes

Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Date: January 9, 2022
Route: PDX-JFK
Flight #: AS188 - 737-900 - 11:00PM Departure
Description: Fruit & Cheese Plate
Snack Basket Offered: Yes

No photo but I was presented with the packaged F&C plate followed by a warm butter pecan cookie. In this case and with the flight described below, the Seattle Chocolate Company chocolate has been swapped with Ghirideli, which I guess is logical since it's another brand based in an AS hub. I haven't flown a redeye transcon recently so I'm not sure if the plated F&C ever came back and/or if this is the norm. Offer of drinks/snacks when I woke up about 45 minutes before landing.

Date: January 10, 2022
Route: JFK-SFO
Flight #: AS27 - A321 - 9:00AM Departure
Description: Fall Hash Bowl

This was quite simply, delicious. Probably the best domestic breakfast meal I've ever had. I truly think it could rival a lot of international J breakfasts as well in terms of flavor (that's just as much a compliment to it as it is an insult to international J breakfast...)

Date: January 11, 2022
Route: SFO-PDX
Flight #: AS271 - A320 - 9:10AM Departure
Description: Fruit & Cheese Plate
Snack Basket Offered: No

With the recent changes to inflight service, I was glad to see this was still served the proper way and not in the package.

3 great flights. It was nice to have empty seats next to me on all flights but sad to see planes only 15%-30% full...
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
I usually have a few packets of Taco Bell Fire Suace with me. Forgot to pack them this time...
Thanks for the reminder. I brought home a few packets of Ají Chileno and this will probably help my upcoming "Pacific Island Shakshuka." What island, I'm not sure. And who appropriated who's cuisine ... well, Gate Gor May and/or LSG Sky Sheffs probably appropriated them all!

Speaking of which, the app and website have been glitchy, even since I've ordered. Sometimes I get the Bummer screen, and sometimes it still shows my selections.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I'll post pics and more details later, but just off BZE/LAX. In F its pretty 'normal' except for no more warm nuts and no more snack basket. Food originates in Belize, and it was super good (and the largest portion of chicken I've seen in a long time!)
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I'll post pics and more details later, but just off BZE/LAX. In F its pretty 'normal' except for no more warm nuts and no more snack basket. Food originates in Belize, and it was super good (and the largest portion of chicken I've seen in a long time!)
This is the first I've heard about the snack basket going away....bummer.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
This is the first I've heard about the snack basket going away....bummer.
I can’t speak for Belize flights but Hawaii flights have the snack basket still in F.
TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
HNL-SEA 1/13/22 AM breakfast options

Breakfast Power Bowl: Red quinoa and farro blend, served with cage-free poached eggs, and roasted tomatoes. Topped with a papaya cucumber salsa and accompanied with a seared Linguiça sausage

Parmesan Omelet with Mango Salsa (my choice)

Cage-free eggs folded around a filling of Parmesan cheese, toasted russet potatoes, thyme and garlic. Served with seared, pork breakfast sausage and a crisp potato roesti

fruit & cheese plate
Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Do QX/OO E175 flights not have the pre-order option for F? I have a flight coming up and the pre-order option has never shown up.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Do QX/OO E175 flights not have the pre-order option for F? I have a flight coming up and the pre-order option has never shown up.
I had preordered something for a OO E175 flight from SFO-PDX on 1/11.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter

Breakfast Power Bowl: Red quinoa and farro blend, served with cage-free poached eggs, and roasted tomatoes. Topped with a papaya cucumber salsa and accompanied with a seared Linguiça sausage

Parmesan Omelet with Mango Salsa (my choice)

Cage-free eggs folded around a filling of Parmesan cheese, toasted russet potatoes, thyme and garlic. Served with seared, pork breakfast sausage and a crisp potato roesti

fruit & cheese plate
I may have to make a trip to HNL and back, those both sound delicious!
TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:27 am

Date: January 15, 2022
Route: SEA-EWR
Flight #: AS714 - 737-800 - 9:45AM Departure
Description: Everything Bagel Quiche with crisp Irish bacon, sweet apple potato pancake and a lime and cilantro crema. Served with fresh fruit and warm raisin roll.

Not bad, but not nearly as good as the Fall Hash Bowl. AS likes to elevate food to the next level, however, I think the sweet apple potato pancake was a bit much. Just give me some hash brown potatoes...

Date: January 15, 2022
Route: EWR-PDX EWR-SEA
Flight #: AS53 - 737-800 - 7:05PM Departure AS715 EWR-SEA - 737-900 - 7:55PM Departure
Description: Miso Pork Chop served with roasted butternut squash quinoa pilaf, fresh peas and green beans, topped with a sweet onion and bacon marmalade

EWR-PDX was canceled due to maintenance so they moved us all over to EWR-SEA (along with the food). I was under the impression that the warm nuts were gone, however, they were served (albeit in a little foil ramekin instead of the standard one). The pork chop was very good as was the rest of the dish. Great service and FAs on both flights!

Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:31 am

Date: January 16, 2022
Route: JFK-SEA
Flight #: AS63 - 737-900 - 11:30AM Departure
Description: did not catch it as flight was rebooked and pre-order window has expired. I'm assuming was supposed to be a miso pork chop, but what was served is rather different...

The cilantro lime pork chop was tender and packed a nice citrus punch. From memory, this slice of pork was definitely thicker than what I have gotten previously (from the standard miso pork chop). Included dessert was a slice of chocolate cheesecake.

I wonder if this packaging is only temporary or if its due to the current surging variant.

Last point to add is there is no OJ served inflight due to a nationwide shortage (didn't know OJ was in such high demand)

** Edit to add **
Saw in another thread from the always knowledgeable anteater, packaging is a result of catering issues at JFK, link to his post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33905233-post35.html
Carfield and TheBeerHunter like this.

Last edited by anhuang19; Jan 16, 2022 at 11:47 am Reason: found out reason for different catering
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
On an upcoming SAN - PVR flight:

Thats interesting. I was looking at my app, and it was showing similar options for a flight in 3 weeks, then the app updated and now the flight shows no food options in F on SAN-PVR. The flight details also say no meal on this flight. I am newer to AS so maybe this is normal because I am more than 2 weeks out?
Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Upcoming HNL/Mainland flight:Your choice of:

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Complimentary

Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chop

Complimentary

Roasted pineapple teriyaki-marinated pork loin, served with island roasted vegetables, mashed sweet potato, roasted cherry tomatoes, and topped with a teriyaki glaze

Roasted Squash Grain Bowl

Complimentary

Toasted ancient grains with sautéed arugula and spinach, grilled pineapple, herb roasted tomatoes and roasted kabocha squash and then topped with a soy sauce dressing

Woo hoo! Somebody liked my menu post right after my flight was canceled. I'll be eating whatever HA offers instead of the pork chop I was looking forward to trying.
anteater likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.