Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by vanillabean
HNL-SFO
Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chop
Roasted pineapple teriyaki-marinated pork loin, served with island roasted vegetables, mashed sweet potato, roasted cherry tomatoes, and topped with a teriyaki glaze

The Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chop was really delicious. I was already in a good mood having been served a Cruzan rum and orange juice.

After dinner a Glenfarclas 12 Year Old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky. It was a very nice flight!
When did they start to serve Scotch and Rum? or has it been a Hawaii-only thing recently?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by simonsuo
When did they start to serve Scotch and Rum? or has it been a Hawaii-only thing recently?
Not just a Hawaii only thing. New onboard offering started 3/22.
see posts #217 and 218.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
Not just a Hawaii only thing. New onboard offering started 3/22.
see posts #217 and 218.
Baileys was still quite prevalent on my 13 AS flights this week. I finally got to try the Five Farm Irish Cream on SJC-HNL. The F FA was incredible. F only had Baileys but she found a couple in the back galley and brought me two glasses, Baileys & Five Farm for a side-by-side taste testing. For sipping, Five Farm definitely has a cleaner taste, creamy to start with a smooth whiskey aftertaste; very pleasant on the palate. It is less viscous and interestingly comes in a glass bottle.

James
Klrduks and pcoll like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
AS is a little stingy with loading the Glenfarclas it seems. My gf and I cleared out what Y had last week (1 double each) and I just drank all of what F had on SEA-STL (1 single and 1 double). I suppose there could be worse things to fall back on than Woodford…
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
AS is a little stingy with loading the Glenfarclas it seems. My gf and I cleared out what Y had last week (1 double each) and I just drank all of what F had on SEA-STL (1 single and 1 double). I suppose there could be worse things to fall back on than Woodford…

AS is a little stingy with paying the caterer to loadding the Glenfarclas it seems,

God forbid it might cost 40¢ a mini instead of 35¢ - but more likely, the carts hold X00 bottles total, and AS needs to adjust the allocations, or add additional likker carts.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:42 pm

Curious if anyone knows what AS currently serves in first class on short-haul flights? (Ie. SLC to LAX before 10 am)

Google says "Same drink offering as premium class with the addition of snacks including a deli picnic pack or a tapas picnic pack (which is also gluten-free and vegan)." Just wondering if anyone has recent data points.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
PDX-JFK inflight now. Options are a vegetarian grain bowl thing or the beef short rib I don't eat beef and I can't imagine the grain bowl will be great for my diet. Glad I preordered a beet salad before getting upgraded as I'll probably end up eating that.

UPDATE: the grain bowl was actually really good. I forgot about the beet salad, lol. Also, no menus (options were spoken). No PDB but glassware and metal cutlery in the air (paper-ish napkin). Warm nuts which I hadn't had in a long time!

On the bright side, I met an inflight supervisor in the terminal earlier and she is cool with me drinking them dry of Woodford.

-J.
chrisl137 and pcoll like this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Mar 18, 2022 at 7:27 am
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
New menu to Hawaii? Options for next week on SAN-LIH

Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
PDX-JFK inflight now. Options are a vegetarian grain bowl thing or the beef short rib I don't eat beef and I can't imagine the grain bowl will be great for my diet. Glad I preordered a beet salad before getting upgraded as I'll probably end up eating that.

UPDATE: the grain bowl was actually really good. I forgot about the beet salad, lol. Also, no menus (options were spoken). No PDB but glassware and metal cutlery in the air (paper-ish napkin). Warm nuts which I hadn't had in a long time!

On the bright side, I met an inflight supervisor in the terminal earlier and she is cool with me drinking them dry of Woodford.

-J.
Are PDBs and printed menus even a thing on AS? In my 5 flights in F in the past month neither were offered, but cloth napkins are the norm.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by skunker
Are PDBs and printed menus even a thing on AS? In my 5 flights in F in the past month neither were offered, but cloth napkins are the norm.
In 2018/2019, most transcons I was on had both. I don't really miss either, except the morning flights when I want coffee, but the lounge holds me over.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:25 am

New menu to Hawaii? Options for next week on SAN-LIH

These options have been available on morning flights to the Hawaiian islands going back at least several months. I had the Pacific Island Shakshuka on a flight from LAX > OGG in Jan 2022, and it was delicious.

sltlyamusd likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I haven't flown AS F since early 2020 so I wouldn't know. It was one of those weird thick fancy paper napkins, but I still would have preferred a larger cloth napkin. It isn't a huge deal for me, though.

-J.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:03 pm

Haven't seen a printed menu since pre-March 2020, but I don't really miss them with pre-ordering and menu options available online. Even before that I think it was only on premium transcons. PDB seems to be boxed water only. The one thing I would like to see returned to service are the hot towels, but the Purell wipes are better than nothing.
pcoll likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Robert
These options have been available on morning flights to the Hawaiian islands going back at least several months. I had the Pacific Island Shakshuka on a flight from LAX > OGG in Jan 2022, and it was delicious.

Interesting. I guess my menu on 3/8 to KOA was lunch since it was 10:10 and LIH is breakfast since it is 9:55.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:26 pm

The options available for our Seattle to Honolulu flight on 4/1 are:

Fruit & Cheese Plate
It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s® Flagship cheese, Tillamook® sharp cheddar and brie, Partners® crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Kalbi Short Ribs
Sous vide short rib with kalbi marinade, served butter and herb basmati rice, and roasted pacific island vegetables

Autumn Squash Ancient Grain Bowl
Toasted ancient grains with citrus marinated Tuscan kale, fresh pico de gallo, grilled pineapple, toasted macadamia nuts, sautéed zucchini and yellow squash and a pineapple hoisin dressing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.