Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New access policy for Alaska Lounge + members at DCA United Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New access policy for Alaska Lounge + members at DCA United Club

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I won't surprised at all if the United Club is dropped once the airside connections are all done.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by jrl767
we're discussing Alaska Lounge member access to the UA club, which is near the AS gates at DCA ... same-day AS BP worked fine for me last month
And DCA is the only such airport?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
I won't surprised at all if the United Club is dropped once the airside connections are all done.
Airside connections are now all open, and agree it wouldn't be a shock to me if they just went w/ AA now that it doesn't require clearing security twice to access. While it's a bit of a trek to the AA lounges from AS gates, it wasn't exactly close and convenient to the AS gates either despite being in the same pier.. Still had to walk down that longer hall, all the way to the end, and up the stairs to get in. At least there's the bonus of the moving sidewalks there (which larger national hall does not have - though wouldn't surprise me if they planned to add them at some point now that it's all air-side). Agree w/ others it's not the nicest lounge, but my last trip, it was nice to grab some free coffee and a few snacks to have on-board, and have the whole place to myself w/ private restrooms for the 45 mins or so until my flight boarded.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by vanillabean
And DCA is the only such airport?
MSP & PHX (still closed) are the other UCs that can be accessed with an AL+ membership.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
we're discussing Alaska Lounge member access to the UA club, which is near the AS gates at DCA ... same-day AS BP worked fine for me last month
The post I quoted suggested that UA might allow AS people to use the UA lounges.

Originally Posted by econ
MSP & PHX (still closed) are the other UCs that can be accessed with an AL+ membership.
At MSP, the PP lounge (PGA) is open and quite close to the UC and UA gates.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by econ
It would be helpful if AS noted on the partner lounge location page that UA Clubs don't follow the same immediate family access policy that is used by AS and AC lounges. I'm assuming MSP is the same policy as DCA. The DCA UC was definitely not very busy at all so I'm kinda surprised they didn't just let us in.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The post I quoted suggested that UA might allow AS people to use the UA lounges.
doesn't explain "US doing business as UA" and "US bringing back a strategy from the past" unless you meant to refer to AS, but even so it's more about UA limiting access to their lounge facility than anything explicit on AS' part

no need to discuss further ... also curious if you actually have a dog in this fight (i.e., an Alaska Lounge membership and/or an occasion to use the UA Club at DCA)
Eastbay1K and AndyKehn like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
As an Alaska elite and United Club member, wonder wether I'd be allowed to use the UC when flying AS.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
As an Alaska elite and United Club member, wonder wether I'd be allowed to use the UC when flying AS.
Probably not, as AS isn’t coughing up any payment toward UA, and UA club membership strictly adhere to UA and partner flight requirement.

I also agree UA lounge at DCA will eventually be dropped as this access now becomes redundant with AC accessible without having to go into another security checks. Jiburi
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
The United Club at DCA isn’t great, but what I do like is it’s very unique location and history. It’s an oval shaped structure on top of the old terminal building, apparently in its hey day it was a pretty fancy restaurant. Despite it being very average I still like it.
Glad its still in the same spot. Been quite some time since I've been in that lounge.

for anyone who appreciates DCA nostalgia, it’s a great venue … but I’ll agree that the convenience factor pretty much disappears when comparing to an AC now that everything at DCA is connected airside
Was not aware airside connectors were built. Awesome!
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Was not aware airside connectors were built. Awesome!
yeah, just opened a couple weeks ago, after about 2-3 years of construction ... some chatter on the AA board (and further down in that thread)
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Yeah, went through the new security yesterday and it only added a couple of minutes to the previous times. The lines look long, but move quickly due to more agents checking IDs. Wonder what they will do with all the space created airside from the old security? They are still tearing out the old X-ray machines.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Major G
Yeah, went through the new security yesterday and it only added a couple of minutes to the previous times. The lines look long, but move quickly due to more agents checking IDs. Wonder what they will do with all the space created airside from the old security? They are still tearing out the old X-ray machines.
I'm sure they'll be putting in an Alaska lounge in each of the piers! /s But good point - imagine they'll plan to include some new seating at very least, with longer term plans for additional food/shopping vendors?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Major G
They now have the upgraded luggage screening machine. You don’t need to remove anything from bags any more.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
https://www.flyreagan.com/news/reaga...oint-buildings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.