Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The AS Wallet - How it Works and Adding/Using Credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AS Wallet - How it Works and Adding/Using Credits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2023, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
It seems the rules have evolved the past couple of years.

I have a bunch of mywallet funds due to expire next March. No problem. I JUST got added some new funds that, because they were a rebook of a cancellation and another whatever, expire in July - next month!

I would like to preserve all the funds, and the July expiration is too small an amount to use on a ticket.

So if I book a ticket for next year....using all the funds....if I cancel next year...just for argument's sake, say May of next year....what will the expiration date be on all the funds, old and new together? The phone agent said it would be one year from the time I cancel, so May of 2025 (it was her idea to do this) - just seeing what the masses think, if she was correct?

If she wasn't, what should I do now to preserve the value (I'm sure booking a "real" ticket would be the answer, but not sure I can at this point).
Old Aug 17, 2023, 4:52 pm

Can't believe I'm the same person to ask the next question. My wallet is a source of confusion to me.

I'm about to (maybe) change a flight, same day, different time. If I do so, I'll get some money back.

The exact words are "your credit must be used for travel on AS by 6/25/24."

I know this has been beaten to death, but does that mean TRAVEL by June 25, 2024, or BOOK by June 25, 2024.

Will determine whether I bother or not.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Can't believe I'm the same person to ask the next question. My wallet is a source of confusion to me.

I'm about to (maybe) change a flight, same day, different time. If I do so, I'll get some money back.

The exact words are "your credit must be used for travel on AS by 6/25/24."

I know this has been beaten to death, but does that mean TRAVEL by June 25, 2024, or BOOK by June 25, 2024.

Will determine whether I bother or not.
The credit can be applied to any flight in the calendar before it expires. The expiry is an apply by, not fly by, date.

James
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Did they remove the wallet balance from appearing on the app?
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The credit can be applied to any flight in the calendar before it expires. The expiry is an apply by, not fly by, date.

James
Thanks. Once I clicked to complete the change the wording was clear - I didn't feel it was before.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by econ
Did they remove the wallet balance from appearing on the app?
I noticed that the other day as well. Although it doesn't really matter since you can't use wallet funds to pay for a flight on the app.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by FightOnFlyer
I noticed that the other day as well. Although it doesn't really matter since you can't use wallet funds to pay for a flight on the app.
Sure, but it was nice to see it there and served as a good reminder of what the balance was.

Also noticed the wallet balance no longer appears on the website banner drop-down menu (that shows MP#, mileage balance, etc.). Although the link to Wallet on the same menu still works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.