Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Flash Sale Fare - must buy today, Wed. 8/25/21 - travel 9/7-12/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...ce=PROMOTIONAL
mtofell likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I booked several of the PDX-SJC-PDX RTs on Saturdays just for fun. $71 with a lounge on both ends is a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. I might even pay the premium to fly into SFO a few times to fill up on chocolate and jelly beans.
pcoll and mildfrequence like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I just checked my upcoming flights and this sale doesn't do much. I had actually just checked yesterday since Tuesday seems to be the most common day for fares to change. I have some OGG > PDX, PDX > LAS and LAS > OGG coming up and there really was no change with the sale. For example, LAS > OGG (via LAX) went from $208 to $205 (I already had it locked in at $188).

In shopping around other airlines for the same routes I've seen much larger fare drops recently and I think this sale is a sign AS sees the same. With all the uncertainty around Hawaii and Covid I'm thinking there will be some pretty cheap fares to/from the islands coming up.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I booked several of the PDX-SJC-PDX RTs on Saturdays just for fun. $71 with a lounge on both ends is a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. I might even pay the premium to fly into SFO a few times to fill up on chocolate and jelly beans.
Yeah SFO at $59 saver isnt too bad. Once new lounge opens would be tempting to book F and check it out.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Any success with getting an agent to SDC you from SJC to SFO?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm holding out hope for a Fall BOGO sale
Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
$39 each way for Main (no saver offered) PDX-SJC is a pretty great deal.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Multiple success doing SDC from the 3 bay area airports as a 75K. Recent trip did a SFO to OAK. The last SJC to SFO SDC was about a month and a half ago.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Originally Posted by anhuang19
Multiple success doing SDC from the 3 bay area airports as a 75K. Recent trip did a SFO to OAK. The last SJC to SFO SDC was about a month and a half ago.
Ive never tried this. I assume you have to call in to change airports?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:09 pm

Ive never tried this. I assume you have to call in to change airports?
That is correct. It'll take a few minutes cause the tickets will need to be reissued.

I would add that doing co-terminal changes are against SDC policy, but the supervisors have been pretty lenient and accommodating with the requests.
JPat and NoLaGent like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by anhuang19
That is correct. It'll take a few minutes cause the tickets will need to be reissued.

I would add that doing co-terminal changes are against SDC policy, but the supervisors have been pretty lenient and accommodating with the requests.
If you read the fare rules for such tickets, the exception to co-terminal changes include the SFO/SJC/OAK airports (and two other regions: LA and SEA). Otherwise that is correct; its not allowed.

They recently became more strict with routing. For example, if you had a nonstop between SFO/SJC/OAK and another city and you wanted to SDC co-terminal change you can only do so if it remains a nonstop (eg no more adding legs). You may find an agent who doesnt read the new internal policy, but I wouldnt rely on it. 🙌🏻🥂
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
SEA to EWR is $75 each way with saver, $125 for main. That's as cheap as I've seen in awhile. I just got a ticket reissued and a $55 wallet credit.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
And sourdough bread?
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by noah
$39 each way for Main (no saver offered) PDX-SJC is a pretty great deal.
Yeah, going through SJC on some routes is crazy cheap and for some reason the Saver is more than Main in some cases. The first time I saw it I thought it was a mistake but it's been popping up like that for a while now when I search.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
How does one get lounge access on a $71 RT ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.