Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting IB to AS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by safari ari
I submitted my manual credit request this past weekend. Not great that some people are going on two months to just get credit.
I’m still waiting for my June flights to post. 4 months almost.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by sergent
I don't think anyone's Iberia credit is posting yet, manually or automatically. They are promising to eventually credit the miles, but it is not clear if that is in a few weeks or a few years.

My understanding from asking Alaska is that the computers are not linked at all still and so any crediting happens manually and that they still have no ETA on when this will work - I asked again today (9 weeks after filing missing mileage credit, 17 weeks after my flight).I am going to wait until December and then nag again - I don't want to miss out on 75k for my January flights because of this...
My only experience in dealing with Iberia was for a group, with tickets purchased just before the pandemic let loose. Bold portions of the quoted post bring back bad memories.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:42 pm

Number of months does not seem to matter. They are not crediting Iberia flights yet, manually or otherwise. They are just promising that they eventually will; it's not clear if that eventually is this year or not.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:44 pm

I meant to add: this is annoying, because with my missing IB flights I'd easily make 100k in December. Oh well. I guess I'll get it eventually.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:54 am

Whoa! My manual request for my IB-operated BA-marketed codeshare flights just got processed.
My IB-marketed flight is still no dice.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by sergent
Whoa! My manual request for my IB-operated BA-marketed codeshare flights just got processed.
My IB-marketed flight is still no dice.
Let’s hope that this’s a good sign! Yours seem like the first ever DP of an IB-operated flight posting to an AS account.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:47 pm

Reporting: Both my IB marketed and operated flights posted to my AS account today. They were flown on 11/2 and 11/4 and are posted as of today 11/9.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Still nothing from my July IB flights...
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:35 pm
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by MileageMule
Update: I requested missing credit for my IB flights through the AS website several weeks back. Result: "Declined: Codeshare flight" I guess that even though my AS number was attached to the reservation, since the tickets were purchased through AA, that's preventing me from getting credit? Same deal with the AA ticket from LHR to SEA on BA. No credit after 5 weeks.
Chiming in as this thread is the only one matching "Declined: Codeshare flight"
In my case, it's from flying BA BER-LHR on an AA codeshare.

I am still waiting a response from customer service, quoting Alaska's website where it should earn miles.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Still nothing from my July IB flights...
Still nothing for my late September flights either. I'll hit the 8 week mark for my manual credit request in a few weeks, so I guess I'll nag customer service then.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:40 pm

Anyone know how to add your Mileage Plan number to an Iberia booking? It isn't letting me do it on the Iberia website and Royal Jordanian's website doesn't have Alaska as an option.

EDIT: Figured out that you can use Finnair's website to add your AS Mileage Plan number.
KE81 likes this.

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Jun 15, 2022 at 8:18 pm
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond
Separate question related to IB, and I apologize if this has been asked before (couldn't find any answer in my search result...) - If I take a flight operated by QR but sold by IB, whose rules determine the final mileage credited to AS? IB or QR? On Alaska's IB partner page, I see the following:
Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Iberia or Iberia codeshare flights marketed by Iberia and operated by oneworld member airlines and affiliates.
The flight number does fall into the required range, but it doesn't explicitly say the mileage credit would follow the IB chart. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Domo5
Separate question related to IB, and I apologize if this has been asked before (couldn't find any answer in my search result...) - If I take a flight operated by QR but sold by IB, whose rules determine the final mileage credited to AS? IB or QR? On Alaska's IB partner page, I see the following:

The flight number does fall into the required range, but it doesn't explicitly say the mileage credit would follow the IB chart. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

Refer to the earning chart of the carrier that preceeds the flight number. If it is IBxxxx, it will earn according to the Iberia chart. Similarly, if it is QRxxxx, it will earn according to the Qatar chart.

It sounds like you have an IB codeshare flight number (marketed by) but operated by QR. Since both are oneworld alliance members and the IB flight number falls within the specified ranges, it will earn according to the IB chart.

James
Domo5 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Refer to the earning chart of the carrier that preceeds the flight number. If it is IBxxxx, it will earn according to the Iberia chart. Similarly, if it is QRxxxx, it will earn according to the Qatar chart.

It sounds like you have an IB codeshare flight number (marketed by) but operated by QR. Since both are oneworld alliance members and the IB flight number falls within the specified ranges, it will earn according to the IB chart.

James
This is tremendously helpful. Thank you for your quick response James!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Going on 8 months for IB credit to AS, the experience has been pretty pathetic to say the least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.