Crediting IB to AS

Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:59 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: ~NYC
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 15
Crediting IB to AS

do we know how long/what day IB flights credit to AS? (i think AA flights post like every thursday or something, which has been absolutely my experience the past several months). thanks!
dogdogcatcat is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:39 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,849
I credited early July flights but have not received anything yet so will likely have to manually request credit.
olouie is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:37 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: PAE
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 49
I flew from FCO-MAD on IB on 8/14, and MAD-LHR on IB on 8/15. Neither has posted to AS yet. I was also scheduled on AA from LHR to SEA using 75K SWU to business, but ended up getting moved to BA for the LHR-SEA flight. (in business) Nothing posted yet, but it's only been a week.
MileageMule is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:32 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 10,673
Originally Posted by MileageMule
I flew from FCO-MAD on IB on 8/14, and MAD-LHR on IB on 8/15. Neither has posted to AS yet. I was also scheduled on AA from LHR to SEA using 75K SWU to business, but ended up getting moved to BA for the LHR-SEA flight. (in business) Nothing posted yet, but it's only been a week.
I wasn't aware that we could earn AS miles on IB flights (yet)....has anyone been successful?
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:28 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Seattle
Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I wasn't aware that we could earn AS miles on IB flights (yet)....has anyone been successful?
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...artners-iberia
HangryDad is offline  
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:01 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 120
None of my several July Iberia flights have posted yet. I requested credit on 8/28 and still have not heard back with any results. All the boarding passes had my mileage plan number on them so it should have just worked, but it didn't. Has anyone else had better luck? It doesn't sound like it, but I thought I'd bump this to see if anyone has more recent experiences that might be better.

The website says it will take 6-8 weeks (!) for IB flights to post but it still hasn't happened; the autoreply to my missing credit request said it would take 6-8 more weeks (!!) to process the request. I'll try calling next (or maybe not... >1hr wait times?), but I'm curious if it's broken for me or if they're still unable to credit Iberia flights for everyone for some reason. These timelines are long enough that I'm suspicious that it might be less of a "this process takes 8 weeks" situation and more of a "hopefully it will be working by 8 weeks from when we wrote this web page" situation.

In case it matters, my BA-marketed codeshare did not fare any better than my IB marketed-and-operated ticket.
sergent is offline  
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:06 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: PAE
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 49
Update: I requested missing credit for my IB flights through the AS website several weeks back. Result: "Declined: Codeshare flight" I guess that even though my AS number was attached to the reservation, since the tickets were purchased through AA, that's preventing me from getting credit? Same deal with the AA ticket from LHR to SEA on BA. No credit after 5 weeks.

Maybe it's just me, but One World status really sucks since most of the time we're not getting credit on "partner" airlines, many international lounges are still closed, and upgrades on partners are sparse/non-existent. I'm hoping for better luck on BA tickets next month SEA-LHR-FCO, BUD-LHR-SEA and in December SEA-LHR-ZRH-LHR-SEA, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
MileageMule is offline  
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:40 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 454
Originally Posted by MileageMule
Update: I requested missing credit for my IB flights through the AS website several weeks back. Result: "Declined: Codeshare flight" I guess that even though my AS number was attached to the reservation, since the tickets were purchased through AA, that's preventing me from getting credit? Same deal with the AA ticket from LHR to SEA on BA. No credit after 5 weeks.

Maybe it's just me, but One World status really sucks since most of the time we're not getting credit on "partner" airlines, many international lounges are still closed, and upgrades on partners are sparse/non-existent. I'm hoping for better luck on BA tickets next month SEA-LHR-FCO, BUD-LHR-SEA and in December SEA-LHR-ZRH-LHR-SEA, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Codeshare flights marketed by another OneWorld carrier are eligible for credit. I'm still waiting for my IB flights from July to post...
lax.sea.jnu is offline  
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:54 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
Posts: 3,801
Originally Posted by MileageMule
Update: I requested missing credit for my IB flights through the AS website several weeks back. Result: "Declined: Codeshare flight" I guess that even though my AS number was attached to the reservation, since the tickets were purchased through AA, that's preventing me from getting credit? Same deal with the AA ticket from LHR to SEA on BA. No credit after 5 weeks.

Maybe it's just me, but One World status really sucks since most of the time we're not getting credit on "partner" airlines, many international lounges are still closed, and upgrades on partners are sparse/non-existent. I'm hoping for better luck on BA tickets next month SEA-LHR-FCO, BUD-LHR-SEA and in December SEA-LHR-ZRH-LHR-SEA, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Codeshare flights marketed by another OneWorld carrier are eligible for credit. I'm still waiting for my IB flights from July to post...
Requesting credit for tickets in which there's any code-share seems to be painfully and constantly mishandled by the back office. I've reported my experience with BA. I had to correct one gentleman on the phone that they should post as per the rules of the marketing carrier. Yet two weeks later, I got an email from someone else saying that it posts based on the operating carrier. Can AS retrain its personnel handling those?
be_rettSEA likes this.
DeltaFlyingProf is offline  
Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:48 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 120
The "request missing credit" page was updated at some point and now says:
* We are experiencing technical issues with posting miles for flights on Iberia – if your Alaska Mileage Plan number was added to your reservation, we will post eligible flight miles as soon as the issue is resolved.
Any success stories of any Iberia flights posted to Mileage Plan, either manually or automatically?
sergent is offline  
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:51 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 10,673
Originally Posted by sergent
The "request missing credit" page was updated at some point and now says:
* We are experiencing technical issues with posting miles for flights on Iberia if your Alaska Mileage Plan number was added to your reservation, we will post eligible flight miles as soon as the issue is resolved.
Any success stories of any Iberia flights posted to Mileage Plan, either manually or automatically?
I wonder if this is related to the fact that you currently can't use AS miles to book IB flights.
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:53 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver
Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Posts: 2,057
Did anyone actually get their credit to post automatically, or should I expect to request a manual submission after the allotted time?
safari ari is online now  
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:31 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 120
I don't think anyone's Iberia credit is posting yet, manually or automatically. They are promising to eventually credit the miles, but it is not clear if that is in a few weeks or a few years.

My understanding from asking Alaska is that the computers are not linked at all still and so any crediting happens manually and that they still have no ETA on when this will work - I asked again today (9 weeks after filing missing mileage credit, 17 weeks after my flight).I am going to wait until December and then nag again - I don't want to miss out on 75k for my January flights because of this...
sergent is offline  
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:36 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 559
It just doesn't make sense that they're still having technical issues. I have a IB ticketed and operated flight coming up soon, and just by entering my AS number, IB allowed me to choose seats for free. You'd think that crediting mileage wouldn't be a problem then...
ezak is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:43 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver
Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Posts: 2,057
I submitted my manual credit request this past weekend. Not great that some people are going on two months to just get credit.
safari ari is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.