Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

June / July Schedule Changes (Thru 7/25/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

June / July Schedule Changes (Thru 7/25/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Does anyone know if PDX-FLL starting back on 8/4 is just a placeholder or the regular resumption of seasonal service? I'm inclined to say the latter since it seems like 8/1 is the normal placeholder for schedules, but I'm not sure.
I see PDX-FLL restarting on 8/1, not 8/4. The flight is scheduled 4x weekly (Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri). It doesn't operate 8/3 which is probably why you assumed it starts 8/4. Google Flights calendar view is good for checking these non-daily flights.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
Oh WOW.
Major changes to our flights to Maui , in July.
(2 families traveling with 2 children under the age of 5)

LAX/OGG. Departure was 10:30 am, direct flight. Arriving 1:30pm. (Perfect time for traveling with small children)

Now, departure 5:10pm . Arriving 8:00pm.

OGG/LAX. Departure was 11:30 am, direct flight.
Now, departure is 3:40pm Arriving in LAX at 12:00 (MIDNIGHT).
Arriving home around 2am.

Found connecting flight that gets in much earlier.
Will AS allow me to change LAX/OGG to LAX/SEA/OGG without fare change since schedule change is 6+ hours later?

Yes, they should allow you to do that free of charge....the fare is likely significantly higher but that's the nice thing about schedule changes....AS gets to pay for the routing change and as a bonus, you get more miles
pcoll likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by xliioper
I see PDX-FLL restarting on 8/1, not 8/4. The flight is scheduled 4x weekly (Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri). It doesn't operate 8/3 which is probably why you assumed it starts 8/4. Google Flights calendar view is good for checking these non-daily flights.
Good catch. Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Most of my flights did not change and the ones that did were just by minutes. This is for trips through late September.
ACBLtd and chrisl137 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I have the BOI-AUS inaugural originally arriving 1440, which with a 1935 departure (AUS-LAX-SEA) was great for an off-airport meetup with a former Boeing colleague

the flight from BOI now gets in at 1530, the LAX flight is gone, and the SFO connection requires an overnight ... harumph!

yeah I know theres AUS-SEA nonstop, but thats no fun
beckoa likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by xliioper
As has been mentioned many times, non SEA transcons 1 August or later are in the schedule--only because they haven't gotten around to cancelling flights in August yet. It is very doubtful that PDX-FLL will be operating in August--unless you are flying B6 on Sundays or Thursdays.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Looks like 3/4 of the PDX/DAL flights are gone. My previously late flight home now leaves at 4pm, so have to go via SEA or SFO.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:38 pm

I had a direct sfo-jfk return on Sunday at 3pm thats now leaving at 9am. so i either have to decide to fly with Alaska or spend time $$$ so i can fly home later with some other airline and spend a few more hours with my family after a year of pandemic.

its a no brainier for me. loyalty doesnt go that far.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Looks like 3/4 of the PDX/DAL flights are gone. My previously late flight home now leaves at 4pm, so have to go via SEA or SFO.
Current nonstop PDX service to Dallas is to DFW. I think those DAL flights might have been placeholders.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Fiberwalker
I had a direct sfo-jfk return on Sunday at 3pm thats now leaving at 9am.
The 1x daily SFO-JFK departs around 1:30pm.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
As has been mentioned many times, non SEA transcons 1 August or later are in the schedule--only because they haven't gotten around to cancelling flights in August yet. It is very doubtful that PDX-FLL will be operating in August--unless you are flying B6 on Sundays or Thursdays.
You are missing that these FLL/TPA routes had previously been pulled through end-of-schedule (some were already seasonal and not scheduled for the summer, and a number were scheduled for the summer and completely pulled) . I have previously dug up a number of OAG Changes posts from airliners.net and posted the contents in this forum demonstrating this. So reloading this after pulling it through end-of-schedule, it would seem like they might actually intend on restoring it and it is not simply a matter of not yet updating a placeholder schedule. The fact that it is loaded at 4x weekly instead of daily, also would indicate a more realistic schedule that might actually operate. It's pretty clear that these flights are going to be fairly cruise oriented and there seems cautious optimism that cruises will be operating by late summer.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 14, 2021 at 4:44 am
Old Apr 14, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I am not missing anything. Long thin routes are just not a priority right now for AS. MAYBE a route to FLL would be offered in the winter but at the height of summer there is less than a 1% chance. They need traffic going to/through SEA to keep their hold on gates there. PDX-FLL falls far down the list of must serve routes. B6 will be more committed to it in summer as they have a base of customers in South Florida that may want to escape the summer humidity and head to Oregon. August is the very worst time weather wise in FLL and cruises will not be going out of FLL in large scale anytime soon.

A bit hint as well is that every day they are "operating" PDX-FLL flights in August the lowest fare they are offering in coach is $899 while other carriers start at $109--despite having close to zero seats sold on each flight. It is highly doubtful they are holding seats back for the mad rush of customers eager to waste a ridiculous amount of money compared to the competition to experience the worst of the humidity in August.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Apr 14, 2021 at 9:04 am
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Marriott Plat
I didn't have any changes but it appears the mid week SAN-MCO non stops are gone. I'm just a few flights away from hitting MVPG so I'll switch back to flying other carriers in and out of Tampa.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
non SEA transcons
Good summary, AS is giving up on non SEA transcons. I lost count how many transcon routes they cut out of LAX.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Fiberwalker
I had a direct sfo-jfk return on Sunday at 3pm thats now leaving at 9am. so i either have to decide to fly with Alaska or spend time $$$ so i can fly home later with some other airline and spend a few more hours with my family after a year of pandemic.

its a no brainier for me. loyalty doesnt go that far.
I agree with you. It's one thing if it's 2-3 hours, but quite another when they go 6+

Originally Posted by econ
The 1x daily SFO-JFK departs around 1:30pm.
The poster is talking about the return, and it's actually at 8am now, so even worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.