Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA Flash Sale - From Our Crew to You

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
two back-to-back RTs, each leg $89 in I class (discounted F)

SEA-LAX 0600 0845
LAX-SEA 0950 1243

SEA-LAX 1455 1735
LAX-SEA 1845 2135

as you mentioned, timing apparently doesn't work starting in LA, but SDC is always an option (you may have to call or email, but you *will* get credit for purchased cabin with all bonuses if you have to fly in Y)
Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Whatever is cheapest, yes. For me, I'll be crediting to AA so I won't be eligible for anything "loyalty" wise AS I assume. I wouldn't take him on all these trips, just the one.

No no, he has sat in premium economy front row with me several times, complains he can't see up and down the plane (he sits window, I sit aisle, and sometimes a poor soul sits between us)
With no free booze in premium economy, or even on a 1st Class Upgrade to Vegas we recently had, he doesn't see the difference between being at the back. He didn't fly much before me so he doesn't know the value in getting your carry on into the overhead bin and all the extra leg room... let alone there's usually less crying babies and crappy acting people at the front, keyword being USUALLY.

Can you elaborate? I am LAX based, but willing to route around if it means same day travel or overnight in a hotel one day only... I am seeing $89-99 routes per leg, but are you suggesting 178 gets 3 legs total?
fyi, Premium Class actually does get free wine & beer, and starting April 13th, liquor is also coming back to First and PC!
Old Apr 8, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
fyi, Premium Class actually does get free wine & beer, and starting April 13th, liquor is also coming back to First and PC!
Yea I know they NORMALLY should get those perks, but he hasn't seen them yet due to COVID. Oh wow, is the 13th for AA or AS or both? Did that flight attendant union thing finally expire? Will they be giving any of the poor coach flyers absolutely anything yet besides a baggy when you walk in the door if you're lucky?

Last edited by Carolina2Cali; Apr 8, 2021 at 5:42 pm
Old Apr 8, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by jrl767
two back-to-back RTs, each leg $89 in I class (discounted F)

SEA-LAX 0600 0845
LAX-SEA 0950 1243

SEA-LAX 1455 1735
LAX-SEA 1845 2135

as you mentioned, timing apparently doesn't work starting in LA, but SDC is always an option (you may have to call or email, but you *will* get credit for purchased cabin with all bonuses if you have to fly in Y)
Ah yea, I could only do the bottom 3 of these 4 flights starting in Los Angeles, and then fly home the next day when it's say $139+ instead of 89.
With Same Day Confirmed, what are you saying, I book flights that nearly overlap and then attempt SDC and if they reject/are full, simply cancel that flight for credit? and hope I am not stuck in Seattle with only expensive options to return home?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ticket 1
LAX-SEA 0600 0850 $89
SEA-LAX 1455 1735 $89, SDC to 1015 1300 or 1205 1450
(again, if you have to fly PC or Y on the southbound, you’ll still get credit for the original F booking)

ticket 2
LAX-SEA 1740 2030 $89
SEA-LAX 2115 2355 $89

< NOTE 1 > — I’m looking at Wed 19 May; inventory and pricing will likely be different on other dates

< NOTE 2 > — remember there’s no fare difference for SDC; imo it would be *highly* unlikely to find *both* of the earlier SEA-LAX flights completely full at T-24, and even so you would probably have a few connecting options via PDX/SFO/SJC that would get you to LAX by ~1645

Last edited by jrl767; Apr 8, 2021 at 8:29 pm
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Yea I know they NORMALLY should get those perks, but he hasn't seen them yet due to COVID. Oh wow, is the 13th for AA or AS or both? Did that flight attendant union thing finally expire? Will they be giving any of the poor coach flyers absolutely anything yet besides a baggy when you walk in the door if you're lucky?
The beer & wine has been happening in F & PC during Covid now for quite awhile, so I'm not quite sure what you mean. AS Flight Attendants are definitely unionized, so no, no expiration there...

I also don't know about coach and a baggy, as I haven't flown it, but in addition to beer & wine, spirits are being added to F & PC starting 4/13.

You may want to look at this:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ightExperience
Old Apr 9, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Was this a FT-only flash sale? I didn't see it promoted anywhere and don't think I saw an email about it either, disappointed to have missed out.

And were the start dates immediate or sometime in the future?

TIA.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by tpritchard
Was this a FT-only flash sale? I didn't see it promoted anywhere and don't think I saw an email about it either, disappointed to have missed out.

TIA.
Sorry to hear you missed out, but I received an email for it and it was also on the “deals” tab on the website.

I was deals for Seattle/SEA only and it ended last night just before midnight. Availability was immediate through mid June.
ACBLtd and VirtuousKangaroo like this.

Last edited by Arsene Wenger; Apr 9, 2021 at 10:11 pm
Old Apr 10, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k

TIA.
I also completely missed this. Didn’t notice an email and unfortunately was out of town so my Alaska page city deal was based upon a Chicago location.

Would have loved to snag some overnight or day trips to SoCal for a beach day.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
Sorry to hear you missed out, but I received an email for it and it was also on the “deals” tab on the website.

I was deals for Seattle/SEA only and it ended last night just before midnight. Availability was immediate through mid June.
Thanks for the quick response.

So I can torture myself just a bit more with an opportunity missed, was SEA-EWR also in the dropdown list?

And were deals in both directions (SEA-JFK and JFK-SEA) or only outbound from SEA?

I usually get emails for all these sorts of things but can't find anything in inbox or spam for this one.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Thanks for the quick response.

So I can torture myself just a bit more with an opportunity missed, was SEA-EWR also in the dropdown list?

And were deals in both directions (SEA-JFK and JFK-SEA) or only outbound from SEA?

I usually get emails for all these sorts of things but can't find anything in inbox or spam for this one.
They were in both directions. I’m doing a few b2b SEA - JFK runs at 67$ a piece.

You should set an email alert for this forum then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.