Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA Flash Sale - From Our Crew to You

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
SEA - ATL, ORD, BNA seem like much better choices
Really? I actually have to go to Nashville in June but the ABSOLUTE cheapest I found for that trip was $387 one way. 387 for 900 EQDs doesn't beat $89 for 285 EQDs...
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Really? I actually have to go to Nashville in June but the ABSOLUTE cheapest I found for that trip was $387 one way. 387 for 900 EQDs doesn't beat $89 for 285 EQDs...
I’ve found it for 229$
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I’ve found it for 229$
Sorry, I didn't clarify earlier that I am LAX based. So 229 earns 600ish EQD one way... or 2.62 EQDs per dollar.
SEA-LAX or vice versa is like, 89 for 285, or 3.2 EQDs per dollar.

Someone tell me if I am doing or calculating something wrong...
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:16 pm

Chicago would be 516 EQD or so for 179, at 2.88 per dollar, or ATL is 654 EQD for 229 so 2.85. Yea, I think LAX is the best deal. Even did these Calcs on NYC or FLL (Miami)
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:21 pm

Oooh, Burbank is only $10 more. Going to see if I can find a couple of Saturdays where I can at least get 4 one ways in a day, San Diego is also 99 bucks. As long as I end up back in the Los Angeles area at the end of each trip.

So LAX-SEA earns 3.21 per dollar to be exact, and SAN-SEA earns 3.18 per dollar to be exact, with Burbank being a close third.

Let's do this!
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:48 pm

Realize I am having a conversation with myself here, noticed a few things:

-Would get to use the lounge
-SoCal route could be completed faster than cross country, in addition to earning more per dollar
-First class has some same day standby type benefits

Otherwise booking 4 flights same day seems to be impossible on Saturdays at the earning rate, most flights at the good price are either early morning or late evening... Best I can get is 3 and then fly home Sunday for $50 more, unless someone has even better creative routing. Or how is the lounge Wifi? I could fly up Tues or Weds morning, work from the lounge from 9-6 pm, and then fly home. Talk about an office share!

Anyone know if I flew the boyfriend in economy (he's dirt poor and drains my bank account already and PREFERS the back of the plane, I swear to god) for one of these trips if he could join me in the lounge?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

-SoCal route could be completed faster than cross country, in addition to earning more per dollar

Otherwise booking 4 flights same day seems to be impossible on Saturdays at the earning rate, most flights at the good price are either early morning or late evening... Best I can get is 3 and then fly home Sunday for $50 more, unless someone has even better creative routing. Or how is the lounge Wifi? I could fly up Tues or Weds morning, work from the lounge from 9-6 pm, and then fly home. Talk about an office share!

Anyone know if I flew the boyfriend in economy (he's dirt poor and drains my bank account already and PREFERS the back of the plane, I swear to god) for one of these trips if he could join me in the lounge?
For $50 he can join. See, he might have to splurge just for lounge use
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

If you have AS Visa, you could buy a day pass for unlimited use that day at both LAX and SEA for 25$. Otherwise, it’s 50$.

I’m assuming you’re gonna bring him along in X fares? Might get up to MVPG (or even 75k) AS that was based on how many trips you both take.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
For $50 he can join. See, he might have to splurge just for lounge use
Wouldn't purchasing F one-way grant access in SEA upon arrival with an outbound flight? I can't say with certainty if the outbound is a return but I know the policy for a connection grants access on a connection when the incoming is paid F regardless of the class on the outbound. I have flown LAX-SEA in paid F connecting to SEA-FLL on a Main fare upgraded to U and accessed the SEA AL on the strength of the paid LAX-SEA.

James
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Wouldn't purchasing F one-way grant access in SEA upon arrival with an outbound flight? I can't say with certainty if the outbound is a return but I know the policy for a connection grants access on a connection when the incoming is paid F regardless of the class on the outbound. I have flown LAX-SEA in paid F connecting to SEA-FLL on a Main fare upgraded to U and accessed the SEA AL on the strength of the paid LAX-SEA.

James
Yes I have done that before on a same day “multi city” trip where I went SEA - PDX - SEA - MCO, with only first leg in F.

The trouble there, is the boyfriend might ruin his “ignorance is bliss” attitude about sitting in the back of the flying bus
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Yes I have done that before on a same day “multi city” trip where I went SEA - PDX - SEA - MCO, with only first leg in F.

The trouble there, is the boyfriend might ruin his “ignorance is bliss” attitude about sitting in the back of the flying bus
I am sure he could sit anywhere in the back he wanted with an offer to exchange for an F seat. I doubt there would be a quarrel over the Chocolate Chip Cookie....

James
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
y' all in SEA are spoiled....SFO fares have been sky high the past month.....pandemic exodus out of the Bay Area is ramping up prices to anything that is OPEN.......

92 dollars for cross country fares?!?!? we are back to 200+ O/W now ex SFO...
tom911 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Even F class fares are cheap with this promotion...
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
back-to-back SEA-LAX-SEA RTs at $178 each in F ... longish day, but not terrible at all; might even be able to finesse-SDC one leg into a PDX connection
Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:16 pm

If you have AS Visa, you could buy a day pass for unlimited use that day at both LAX and SEA for 25$. Otherwise, it’s 50$.

I’m assuming you’re gonna bring him along in X fares? Might get up to MVPG (or even 75k) AS that was based on how many trips you both take.
Whatever is cheapest, yes. For me, I'll be crediting to AA so I won't be eligible for anything "loyalty" wise AS I assume. I wouldn't take him on all these trips, just the one.

No no, he has sat in premium economy front row with me several times, complains he can't see up and down the plane (he sits window, I sit aisle, and sometimes a poor soul sits between us)
With no free booze in premium economy, or even on a 1st Class Upgrade to Vegas we recently had, he doesn't see the difference between being at the back. He didn't fly much before me so he doesn't know the value in getting your carry on into the overhead bin and all the extra leg room... let alone there's usually less crying babies and crappy acting people at the front, keyword being USUALLY.

Originally Posted by jrl767
back-to-back SEA-LAX-SEA RTs at $178 each in F ... longish day, but not terrible at all; might even be able to finesse-SDC one leg into a PDX connection
Can you elaborate? I am LAX based, but willing to route around if it means same day travel or overnight in a hotel one day only... I am seeing $89-99 routes per leg, but are you suggesting 178 gets 3 legs total?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.