Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska airlines miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Alaska airlines miles

Hey flyers. I have alot of Alaska airlines miles and I want to use them for free flights. I also don't wanna run out of miles so is there perhaps a way to use frequent flyer miles and simultaneously gain more miles?
thanks and happy flying 😁
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Felix in the air
Hey flyers. I have alot of Alaska airlines miles and I want to use them for free flights. I also don't wanna run out of miles so is there perhaps a way to use frequent flyer miles and simultaneously gain more miles?
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...es/money-miles

It's a bad deal (and miles aren't like money in a bank, they will never get more valuable over time), but Money and Miles award discounts on paid tickets that allow you to earn miles.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: AS
Felix in the air....WeLCOME to Flyertalk.
Only way I can think of ....you can accumulate miles while using miles on Award travel with AS Visa card. Purchases post miles to mileage plan account.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
I also don't wanna run out of miles
I might suggest that you examine why not. "Running out" of miles feels great, because it means you just booked something epic! (Whether epic for you is a 30k-mile domestic roundtrip or a 400k-mile round-the-world for two in business and first.)

The miles are there to be used. Go use them! That trip will be way more fun and interesting than checking in on a high balance in the Alaska app. That balance check can happen when you're saving up for the next thing.

Enjoy!

Last edited by CalanMan; Feb 23, 2021 at 10:57 am Reason: Removed FT jargon, "RTW" and "J/F"
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
I try to keep 210k in the miles account at all times as an insurance policy for last minute FC domestic flights for 3. For instance during the recent snow related flight cancellations our family had flights to MCO and back. Used miles for flights the following days going out and returning just in case. Cancelled flights once we were on the ground and got miles back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.