Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Carryover miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: AS 75K
Got my 3980 posted today.... also noticed 3 segments too. I only fly AS so the segment minimum is not at all a problem but I know I saw some discussion about whether or not those carried over.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Logged in this morning and saw my carryover miles. Very close to what I was expecting (I have a spreadsheet).

Nice to not see those ugly, ugly zeros staring at me!
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Gold 1MM (the unfriendly sky), Marriott Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz no longer
Saw the carryover miles posted.
But still show the separate AS / partners categories with the old qualification levels.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Wow.......39000 carry over miles showing on my account today! Should make 75K for the first time this year.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I see the rollover segments too. Under Mileage activity, I have 3 Special Services entries, all posted with a January 2nd, 2021 date.

ELITE QUALIFYING 2020
ROLLOVER SEGMENTS 31

ELITE QUALIFYING 2020
ROLLOVER ALASKA MILES 38,680

ELITE QUALIFYING 2020
ROLLOVER ALASKA+PARTNER MILES 82,380

There is one missing segment AA DFW-ICN 6,841 miles which originally posted to AA that was credited to MP after April 30th.

My Mileage Plan card still reflects a December 31st, 2021 expiry so it doesn't appear the rolled over EQM has processed yet for Status, GGUs, AL Passes & 50K RDM bonus for 75K.

It is nice to see the segments rolled over too. I guess I did requalify for MVPG75K on January 1st.

James
MVPG requalified all based on one January SQ roundtrip last year to /from SIN plus a bunch of AS flights during one week or so between late January and early February.

or did I qualify?

Year-to-date Alaska/partner qualifying miles show to to go balance to 50K, by I had thought there it's on single tier of qualification this year (20K/40K/75K) for 2022 status?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
A humble suggestion for those who have been on the edge of their respective seats, or keep refreshing the app, or similar ...

Pretend it is 1990-something. You're waiting for your paper AS statement to come, you know, where you reconcile your saved BPs and insure everything had posted properly, before calling the Mileage Plan and perhaps having to fax something.

Your need for instant satisfaction for something that has no instant benefit is well, a distraction from the news.

I'm reasonably confident that prior to the time your next paper statement would be generated, the accounts will be all happy and accurate(ish).
williwaw and Repooc17 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

There is one missing segment AA DFW-ICN 6,841 miles which originally posted to AA that was credited to MP after April 30th.
I also have a pair of LATAM segments missing, flown in March but not posted by MP until June. I wonder if MP's IT accidentally used Posting Date instead of Flight Date when determining how to distinguish pre-Aprii 30 activity.
I noted the discrepancy on the Dec. 22 email statement that quantified the 2021 EQM rollover amount, and emailed to mileage.plan back then. It was hardly an urgent matter, but it would have been nice to have a simple logic error fixed before they automated the update.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I also have a pair of LATAM segments missing, flown in March but not posted by MP until June. I wonder if MP's IT accidentally used Posting Date instead of Flight Date when determining how to distinguish pre-Aprii 30 activity.
I noted the discrepancy on the Dec. 22 email statement that quantified the 2021 EQM rollover amount, and emailed to mileage.plan back then. It was hardly an urgent matter, but it would have been nice to have a simple logic error fixed before they automated the update.
My AA flight was my first Partner EQM earning flight on January 12th, 2020 and posted to AS in November. The line item in activities correctly reflects the January 12th date. I expect that the EQM for January through April was extracted in early May so any changes wouldn't have updated the totals. My email also showed EQM sans the change. The carry-over of AS segments is correct though. I had 55 EQM earning flights of which 31 were on AS. 31 AS segments carried forward. It will all get sorted out. I wasn’t in any rush to credit the AA flight to AS. I tried an online request but was denied because it had credited to AA. I called AA and they reversed the credit and pushed it through to AS.

James
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Your need for instant satisfaction for something that has no instant benefit is well, a distraction from the news.
Unless the carryover with 2021 flights already flown enjoying a 50% EQM bonus has passed the threshold of a higher status for 2022 than was extended to 2021.

James
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Were these carryover miles only for those who already had elite status? I was expecting it to apply towards everyone, I didn't see anything that indicated you had to have elite status but still no miles showing in a non-elite account that I manage.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Just passed 78,000EQM on the way home from Orlando via SEA - earliest I've ever requalified. Carried over 68,000 from January and February last year.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Mine posted today too but only about 1/3 of my flights in 2020 are accounted for. I didn’t buy any saver fare flights so is it just that only a certain time period from 2020 applied to the 2021 rollover?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Also posted today. 41K under the belt and should be at 75K by mid February.

not that it’s relevant or even useful but those that started at the MVPG level and heading towards 75K did the GGU get inputted (lol).
I forgot to check, but I figured they wouldn’t show up until the 4 or 6 segments are completed just like the 50k bonus miles.

And if I don’t get any, not a big deal. Already have 18 that I can’t use. Another 8 won’t do anything but extend potential use into 2022.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by ffman999
so is it just that only a certain time period from 2020 applied to the 2021 rollover?
Only EQM from January through April, 2020, roll over.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Were these carryover miles only for those who already had elite status? I was expecting it to apply towards everyone, I didn't see anything that indicated you had to have elite status but still no miles showing in a non-elite account that I manage.
No. The EQM earned between Jan and April 2020 carry over for everyone. Mr. Fink had no status and his carryover EQM posted yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.