FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   2021 Carryover miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2031581-2021-carryover-miles.html)

brentyb Jan 1, 2021 5:26 am

2021 Carryover miles

Always sad to wake up to empty status bars on the profile.

I was expecting to see my miles from Jan-April of last year carried over to this year. I'm going to assume that they just havent posted them yet, but anyone see any carryover miles on their profile?

rune87 Jan 1, 2021 5:51 am

Nope. I assume it will take a couple of days to get them updated to reflect the rollover.

Repooc17 Jan 1, 2021 5:52 am

When the carryover posts, I would have another year of MVPG locked; flew around 40K miles first five weeks of 2020. Haven't flown AS since then due to its inflexible schedule from the east coast.

Xrayman Jan 1, 2021 7:33 am

Nothing posted yet.

rubbernyc Jan 1, 2021 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 32928542)
When the carryover posts, I would have another year of MVPG locked; flew around 40K miles first five weeks of 2020. Haven't flown AS since then due to its inflexible schedule from the east coast.

Same here, being based out of NYC area. I managed 34k miles early last year.

Flying for Fun Jan 1, 2021 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 32928542)

Don't forget that there is a new flight requirement for status starting this year. While you may have the EQM for MVPG carried over, you will need to fly 4 segments on AS metal before you are requalified for 2022 MVPG status.

James

Conflipper Jan 1, 2021 8:15 am

I do find it mildly annoying if you earned status in 2020 throughout the year that it is “extended whatever status you had at the end of 2020 into 2021”. I earned it so it should be. Which means in the end they didn’t do much for me.

Sure the carry over will be nice for headstart but what about the other 9 months I spend in the air.

pbd456 Jan 1, 2021 9:36 am

i assume the rollover wont include the AS segment even when i had AS segments for roll over, right?

NoLaGent Jan 1, 2021 9:43 am

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 32929030)
i assume the rollover wont include the AS segment even when i had AS segments for roll over, right?

Correct, the segment qualifier is for 2022 status.

eponymous_coward Jan 1, 2021 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Conflipper (Post 32928862)
I do find it mildly annoying if you earned status in 2020 throughout the year that it is “extended whatever status you had at the end of 2020 into 2021”. I earned it so it should be. Which means in the end they didn’t do much for me.

Sure the carry over will be nice for headstart but what about the other 9 months I spend in the air.

You mean the 9 months you spent in the air where you got a 50% EQM bonus towards 2021, making elite status easier to attain for 2021?

clarrkkent Jan 1, 2021 2:27 pm

No carryover for me yet. That’s not terribly surprising though. It will probably take some time for it to occur.

What’s this new minimum segment qualifier I’m seeing posts about in this thread? This is the first I’m hearing about it.

Repooc17 Jan 1, 2021 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by clarrkkent (Post 32929771)
No carryover for me yet. That’s not terribly surprising though. It will probably take some time for it to occur.

What’s this new minimum segment qualifier I’m seeing posts about in this thread? This is the first I’m hearing about it.

*Must fly a minimum number of segments on Alaska Airlines marketed and operated flights to earn or retain status. 2 for MVP, 4 for MVP Gold, 6 for MVP Gold 75K.
Earning Mileage Plan elite status | Alaska Airlines

Finkface Jan 1, 2021 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by clarrkkent (Post 32929771)

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan

*Must fly a minimum number of segments on Alaska Airlines marketed and operated flights to earn or retain status. 2 for MVP, 4 for MVP Gold, 6 for MVP Gold 75K.

It’s about time, I say. Although I think it should be more. Just MHO.

ASA_1 Jan 1, 2021 4:40 pm

I messaged AS on facebook and they said they’re working on updating the system to show the carryover miles. But “rest assured, they’re there”.

cocobird Jan 1, 2021 4:45 pm

Happy to have thee carry over for miles (58,000 miles for the first quarter 2020) and the new 50 percent elite miles. I'll be done for Gold75 in March this year.

Also happy for the segment requirements, otherwise the program would be overrun by American Air flyers.