Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Third quarter 2020 results are out

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Presumably that's only in-flight when the filters and constant fresh air is happening, right? Otherwise during boarding and deplaning is not going to be much better than any other enclosed environment.
When connected to the ground supply or the APU, air circulation can remain on.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I start flying again for first time since early March next week. I have read all the above referenced studies and am impressed and the three remaining hurdles I have are 1. If I drive to the airport, do I pay more and park in short/long term or the much cheaper economy lot and ride the parking lot shuttle or 2. 2/3 of my flights are to my vacation home in Rancho Mirage,, where I also keep two cars, how do I get from PSP to my house safely? Rent a car and drop it locally next day? 3. I have two business trips to Florida coming up, is sitting in an aircraft for 6 hours any more dangerous than 2? (Not to mention my Florida concerns). I need to work through these, and I do feel much more comfortable with the seat next to me blocked, I plan on paying for a 2nd seat when they unblock them.

Last edited by Waitlisted; Oct 25, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
If I can’t use a GGU as intended, I’d happily use them to ensure a empty seat next to me. Heck, I would give up F for premium with two seats pre COVID.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
They also admitted that shifting state of Alaska routes to Embraer is because mainline is no longer a viable option for those flights right now.
They have shifted two routes in Alaska to E175...the AKN/DLG triangle, which hasn’t had winter service from AS in decades and only exists for AS now because 7H went belly up, and ANC-FAI, which is a route that needs frequency for day trippers.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the E175 shows up in some other places in AK to help supplement service in the summer (ADQ seems obvious) but the 737’s aren’t leaving the 49th state.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.