Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska QF award... should I cancel, or let them cancel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska QF award... should I cancel, or let them cancel?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
You were able to cancel your award reservation and get points/fees refunded through twitter?
Yes. I twitter and the initial response was to go to website to cancel. When the website indicated a cancel fee despite waiver, I twitter back and they then took care of everything.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by seawolf
Yes. I twitter and the initial response was to go to website to cancel. When the website indicated a cancel fee despite waiver, I twitter back and they then took care of everything.
Gotta love the power that social media has given us
Old Oct 11, 2020, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
When did you purchase your ticket? All change/cancel fees are being waived on voluntary changes & cancelations for both revenue & award bookings. The benefit of waiting for AS to cancel the itinerary is that fare, fees & taxes are refunded to the original form of payment.

In the case of an award redemption, your fare is paid in MP Miles which would be returned to your MP Account. The fees & taxes would go to your wallet if the cancelation is voluntary or to your credit card if canceled by AS.

You also have the option to change your itinerary to 1 year from the original departure date, not the day you purchased the ticket. In your case November 2021.

For a detailed look at your options you can read all of AS' change & cancelation policies

James
Thank you for describing the available options! I'm particularly interested in that last one you mentioned; being able to move my exact itinerary one year out. Could you elaborate on how this would work in practice given that partner availability for my given flights only happens 330 days before booking? Do they just offer to apply the booking once it becomes available in a few months? And would it price at the same rate (I booked at the 40k promotional rate on Fiji)?

No worries if you don't have the answers. If I find out more info on my call will post my experience.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wethenorth29
Thank you for describing the available options! I'm particularly interested in that last one you mentioned; being able to move my exact itinerary one year out. Could you elaborate on how this would work in practice given that partner availability for my given flights only happens 330 days before booking?
Do they just offer to apply the booking once it becomes available in a few months? And would it price at the same rate (I booked at the 40k promotional rate on Fiji)?

No worries if you don't have the answers. If I find out more info on my call will post my experience.
Getting way off topic for this thread topic. Look at AS awards threads
Some airline have award availability starting from 253 days out [to 0 days out] (like BA & QF) and others starting at 330 days out [to 0 days out].. Is depends on the software the individual airlines use

Look at the wiki in the AS-QF master award thread.(where this thread should be merged into)---> Consolidated Qantas (QF) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.