Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Alaska Fleet Adjustments Due to COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Speculation] Alaska Fleet Adjustments Due to COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2020, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
Would the one of the ones based in Quebec, including the one that flew to Morocco for a repatriation flight, be an acceptable alternative?
Perhaps. But does it have an Eskimo on it?

Originally Posted by Putzy
There are only four parked at ANC. Mainline parked aircraft are at GSO, OAK, OKC, PDX, ANC, ONT, SAT, SNA, JFK and LAS.
Thanks for the update ^
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Seems like a strange place to park extra airplanes. Did they move the ones in Phoenix?
jFK makes sense as its a company staffed maintenance station. PHX and SAN now each have a parked plane.
tusphotog likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Putzy
jFK makes sense as its a company staffed maintenance station. PHX and SAN now each have a parked plane.
That makes total sense then. I didn't realize that it was a maintenance station.
beckoa likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
That makes total sense then. I didn't realize that it was a maintenance station.
Good to know.

Is this carryover from VX then?

Guess if something goes MX in the NYC area, its best to be at JFK
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
PDX this morning. 5 or 6 others parked at other locations. Pardon the low quality.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:34 pm

Here's another image from PDX. Hope there isn't a strong south wind event this spring!
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:45 pm

In ANC yesterday:

Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:54 pm

Here's another image from PDX. Hope there isn't a strong south wind event this spring!
And another from PDX:

Old Apr 9, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
And another from PDX:

Alaska Road?
Old Apr 9, 2020, 11:11 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I'm guessing they would be about where Compass is right now, closed.
Given that the market situation was good until this hit, they'd probably be in a similar boat to B6 and AS right now (albeit with a smaller market set to muck about with). I wouldn't be surprised to see SAN simply get slapped onto some flights going via LAX and a consolidation into SFO from SJC. And, if I had to guess, experimenting with some wonky routings as a side-effect of the virus (e.g. LGA-DCA-SFO/LAX using the DCA "exception slots" to short-circuit the LGA distance limit while stuck operating out of LGA, and then switching to a BOS-DCA/IAD/JFK routing once that can be closed down...in their case, it would be less of a disruption heading to the west coast than the mid-flight DAL stop).
Old Apr 9, 2020, 11:50 pm

And another from PDX:

Nice shot!

Gotta ask @ the markings on the aircraft... guess its because they are under "longer term storage"?
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:24 am

And another from PDX:
Good to see someone in maintenance has a sense of humor.

Originally Posted by beckoa
Gotta ask @ the markings on the aircraft... guess its because they are under "longer term storage"?
Probably just tape holding the pitot and static port covers on. You don’t want birds or bugs or these things taking up residence in the airplanes when they’re sitting around for a month. Whomever did the second plane sure likes using tape.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
No face masks for Chester though...
Old Apr 10, 2020, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by rustykettel
fixed that
Old Apr 10, 2020, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.