Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS 340 Today - Ay Trow Shus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
6) Although there was pre-meal beverage services, they were not refilled at time of food delivery, and we ate with empty glasses.
This is a real pet peeve of mine, and it's happened to me on multiple AS flights in the past year or so. The better FAs recognize that, after you do the pre-meal drink service, and the meal takes more than about 20-30 minutes after that to come out (which it often does), you need to refill passengers' drinks BEFORE bringing out the meals. Otherwise, you leave passengers with the awkward choice of eating the meal with no drink or else sitting around with food going cold while waiting for the first refill. Additionally, I often have wine with the meal but something else (cocktail, scotch, etc.) before the meal, so it's nice to have an opportunity to order something else prior (or even with) the meal.

Is it really so hard to do a quick pass through before delivering meal trays to check who needs refills or, alternatively, asking passengers whether they'd like refills when the meal trays are brought? What's the point of quickly delivering 16 meals, leaving people sitting without drinks, and only then circling back through to take refill orders? They need to time the meal heating/delivery to better coordinate it with the drink service, but many FAs just don't care.

This bothers me enough that, when presented with a meal without a drink, I make a point of just letting the food sit there until I have a drink with it... and this isn't about alcohol, by the way. Even water would be better than nothing. I've had a couple of FAs who, when asked, simply tell me I'll need to wait until they serve all the meals.

Lately I've been trying to bring my own bottle of water or another drink (I'm partial to vitamin water zero), as it's hard to rely on most domestic F service (AS or otherwise) to be a reliably good/consistent product.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 95037
EWR-SJC on Friday evening, 6 Mar 2020 I had a very similar experience.
1) No internet
I was getting the no internet e-mails just before my flights often enough in late 2019 that it really seemed to be some sort of systemic problem with AS... and it was happening on both Boeing and Airbus planes (no trend I could see with particular aircraft types).

I've flown mostly AA so far in 2020 (only one AS flight to date), and it's been nice having reliable, high speed/streaming-capable wi-fi on most of my flights so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.