Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS 340 Today - Ay Trow Shus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
announcement could be just reading from a prepared manual.
There is no such announcement in any of the FA's manuals. All announcement about picking up the tablets are done ad-lib
beckoa, wrp96 and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Are you sure you didn't board a UA flight by mistake?
I think he would have noticed the lie flat
missamo80 and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by tom911
I don't think I've ever had a transcon where they didn't start with offering the tablets in first class. They wheel the cart up front and work their way back.
Recently. they've been proactively sending out email if the tablets are not available. My data points are SEA-BWI, SEA-IAD
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
There is no such announcement in any of the FA's manuals. All announcement about picking up the tablets are done ad-lib
On another point, is there a protocol for FA coat hanging? I rarely travel with one, but I did yesterday, and hanging in closest by FA not offered.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
On another point, is there a protocol for FA coat hanging? I rarely travel with one, but I did yesterday, and hanging in closest by FA not offered.
supposed to offer to hang coats in FC when a closet is available. From the sounds of it you’re lucky he showed up for “work” at all.
tusphotog likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I don't know if there is a protocol, but I've noticed that some FA's offer it proactively, while others don't. If they don't offer it, I ask politely. I've never had them deny it.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DMPHL
I don't know if there is a protocol, but I've noticed that some FA's offer it proactively, while others don't. If they don't offer it, I ask politely. I've never had them deny it.
In my experience they never offer, but if you ask they will hang it.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DMPHL
I've seen this far more often than "never"
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
I've seen this far more often than "never"
You had them refuse to hang your coat when you were in first class and the plane had a closet?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
nope, I was referring to your "they never offer" statement
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
nope, I was referring to your "they never offer" statement
Oh.

I said in my experience they never offer. I'm sure that others have had it offered.

I'm 0-6 in having it proactively offered this year. Honestly I don't care, but at this point I'd be so surprised if they offered that I'd definitely notice.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
From the sounds of it you’re lucky he showed up for “work” at all.
Well, Alaska Listens listened, relatively quickly. The reply didn't seem too canned, and the discount code was material. It was nice to see "I am sure you will agree with me that the most important thing for you is to be sure that this does not happen in the future." in the reply, which is really, the entire point of kvetching.
AS Flyer, JacksonFlyer and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
In my experience they never offer, but if you ask they will hang it.
I had a flight last year where I didn't get it back watched the a/c push back and then realized what happened. Followed up several channels, it never did show back up
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:30 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Tough crowd. First people complain when jackets are not hung up and then when they are not returned. They obviously already filled up the closets. We are several months into winter now.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
EWR-SJC on Friday evening, 6 Mar 2020 I had a very similar experience.
1) No internet
2) No menus (I'd pre-ordered my meal so that wasn't an issue for me)
3) No PDB - we loaded a bit late, but had to be de-iced and sat at the gate for a long time.
4) No tablets offered.
5) No spoons with the Salt and Straw ice cream and no napkins given with the dessert. We were told to snap off the 'spoon' in the lid.
6) Drinks served in plastic glasses
Maybe you were on the same plane I rode on Friday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.