Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:26 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
PAE-BOI coming June 18

philemer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Hmm... I can't say BOI is making me super excited.

I would much rather have a mainline flight to somewhere in Hawaii. Perhaps that is a pipe dream, but I have to think there is enough O/D traffic here to support it.
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Did AS cut something or are these the old PAE-SFO UA slots?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:28 am

it's only a matter of time before we see PAE-ANC; especially now that UA have stopped half their flights out of PAE.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by CZBB
it's only a matter of time before we see PAE-ANC; especially now that UA have stopped half their flights out of PAE.
Only a matter of time, I agree, but it will be awhile.

With less competition to Alaska, AS is going to want bigger planes to ANC. That means that PAE traffic has to grow enough so that AS yanks routes away from Horizon and starts using 737's. That day will eventually come and will eventually result in all 24 flights per day using 737-900ER except for maybe the United flights.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I read somewhere that they are cutting one frequency to PDX to make room for the new route. Not surprising, as PDX is by far the worst performing AS route at PAE.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan
I read somewhere that they are cutting one frequency to PDX to make room for the new route. Not surprising, as PDX is by far the worst performing AS route at PAE.
Makes sense, though I use the PDX-PAE flights a lot
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Not exactly the point of this thread: but does anyone know what’s going to happen with the unused UA slots?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:08 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
“Alaska Airlines” yet no service to “Alaska”? Fingers crossed for Anchorage nonstops!!
beckoa likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
for those logging inaugural flights (paging beckoa and BOB W ), this is on the same day as SEA<—>MRY

getting to PAE for a 1910 departure from a 1640 arrival at SEA could be an ambitious undertaking, but the likelihood of a weather delay in mid June is an order of magnitude lower than in mid January
missamo80 likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 6, 2020 at 4:29 pm
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ASeverywhere
Not exactly the point of this thread: but does anyone know what’s going to happen with the unused UA slots?
it's an interesting question.
  • AS could pick them up
  • G4 could pick them up (10 yrs ago they had shown interest in PAE)
  • WN could pick them up (unlikely as WN never have a station w/ less than 4x/daily)
  • another airline could pick them up
beckoa likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
No kidding because it's not that far away.

When Paine Field was discussed one idea was running flights from Paine Field to Portland to connect to other destinations. Alaska has eliminated many of those flights that once existed to midwest and east. So if there's no connecting traffic then flights to Portland make little sense. Might as well drive if all you are doing is traveling from Everett to Portland.

Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan

Last edited by WebTraveler; Feb 7, 2020 at 6:31 am
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by DUT
“Alaska Airlines” yet no service to “Alaska”? Fingers crossed for Anchorage nonstops!!
AS hasn't had SFO-ANC service for years
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mfolf
AS hasn't had SFO-ANC service for years
Coming up April 21st.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
No kidding because it's not that far away.

When Paine Field was discussed one idea was running flights from Paine Field to Portland to connect to other destinations. Alaska has eliminated many of those flights that once existed to midwest and east. So if there's no connecting traffic then flights to Portland make little sense. Might as well drive if all you are doing is traveling from Everett to Portland.
You’re confusing Portland with another AS hub, or your sense of inferiority is slipping out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.