FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   PAE-BOI coming June 18 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2007681-pae-boi-coming-june-18-a.html)

missamo80 Feb 5, 2020 10:26 am

PAE-BOI coming June 18

sullim4 Feb 5, 2020 10:29 am

Hmm... I can't say BOI is making me super excited.

I would much rather have a mainline flight to somewhere in Hawaii. Perhaps that is a pipe dream, but I have to think there is enough O/D traffic here to support it.

RAD_PDX Feb 5, 2020 11:20 am

Did AS cut something or are these the old PAE-SFO UA slots?

CZBB Feb 5, 2020 11:28 am

it's only a matter of time before we see PAE-ANC; especially now that UA have stopped half their flights out of PAE.

A318neo Feb 5, 2020 11:36 am

Originally Posted by CZBB (Post 32036219)
it's only a matter of time before we see PAE-ANC; especially now that UA have stopped half their flights out of PAE.

Only a matter of time, I agree, but it will be awhile.

With less competition to Alaska, AS is going to want bigger planes to ANC. That means that PAE traffic has to grow enough so that AS yanks routes away from Horizon and starts using 737's. That day will eventually come and will eventually result in all 24 flights per day using 737-900ER except for maybe the United flights.

wolfpacktrojan Feb 5, 2020 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 32036180)

I read somewhere that they are cutting one frequency to PDX to make room for the new route. Not surprising, as PDX is by far the worst performing AS route at PAE.

lawchild Feb 5, 2020 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan (Post 32036378)
I read somewhere that they are cutting one frequency to PDX to make room for the new route. Not surprising, as PDX is by far the worst performing AS route at PAE.

Makes sense, though I use the PDX-PAE flights a lot :(

ASeverywhere Feb 5, 2020 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 32036180)

Not exactly the point of this thread: but does anyone know what’s going to happen with the unused UA slots?

DUT Feb 5, 2020 2:08 pm

“Alaska Airlines” yet no service to “Alaska”? Fingers crossed for Anchorage nonstops!!

jrl767 Feb 5, 2020 11:29 pm

for those logging inaugural flights (paging beckoa and BOB W :D ), this is on the same day as SEA<—>MRY

getting to PAE for a 1910 departure from a 1640 arrival at SEA could be an ambitious undertaking, but the likelihood of a weather delay in mid June is an order of magnitude lower than in mid January

CZBB Feb 6, 2020 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ASeverywhere (Post 32036775)
Not exactly the point of this thread: but does anyone know what’s going to happen with the unused UA slots?

it's an interesting question.
  • AS could pick them up
  • G4 could pick them up (10 yrs ago they had shown interest in PAE)
  • WN could pick them up (unlikely as WN never have a station w/ less than 4x/daily)
  • another airline could pick them up

WebTraveler Feb 6, 2020 3:51 pm

No kidding because it's not that far away.

When Paine Field was discussed one idea was running flights from Paine Field to Portland to connect to other destinations. Alaska has eliminated many of those flights that once existed to midwest and east. So if there's no connecting traffic then flights to Portland make little sense. Might as well drive if all you are doing is traveling from Everett to Portland.

Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan (Post 32036378)

mfolf Feb 6, 2020 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by DUT (Post 32036850)
“Alaska Airlines” yet no service to “Alaska”? Fingers crossed for Anchorage nonstops!!

AS hasn't had SFO-ANC service for years ;)

DrAlex Feb 6, 2020 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by mfolf (Post 32042547)
AS hasn't had SFO-ANC service for years ;)

Coming up April 21st.

fly18725 Feb 7, 2020 6:45 am

Originally Posted by WebTraveler (Post 32041554)
No kidding because it's not that far away.

When Paine Field was discussed one idea was running flights from Paine Field to Portland to connect to other destinations. Alaska has eliminated many of those flights that once existed to midwest and east. So if there's no connecting traffic then flights to Portland make little sense. Might as well drive if all you are doing is traveling from Everett to Portland.

You’re confusing Portland with another AS hub, or your sense of inferiority is slipping out.