Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SEA C Concourse Train Station Reopened (1/23/2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA C Concourse Train Station Reopened (1/23/2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Seatac airport customer service recently informed me that C station should reopen before March 31, 2020.
I heard something similar when we checked our bags several days ago. The agent said she'd heard March but didn't have an expected opening date.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:14 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Re-opened this morning
ctporter, beckoa and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:49 pm

I do not find a stop at B or C useful. I suppose it might be a little shorter for connections between the end of C and N. The C stop should be eliminated and blame it on environmental reasons (no need to waste kinetic energy by stopping and starting).
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:53 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
I disagree. Its best route for connections between any N Gate and the end C Gates...

Im happy to hear its back open.

DUT

Originally Posted by A318neo
I do not find a stop at B or C useful. I suppose it might be a little shorter for connections between the end of C and N. The C stop should be eliminated and blame it on environmental reasons (no need to waste kinetic energy by stopping and starting).
bmvaughn and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by DUT
I disagree. Its best route for connections between any N Gate and the end C Gates...

DUT
Agree.

It's also nice when walking to a certain lounge in the B gates.

Took long enough
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I find it VERY useful! I can easily get to the new N gate lounge when I have a flight at C9 and above (especially when C club gets so crowded), or when arriving at C9 and above it is nice to take a train to bag claim instead of that long walk after a long day and long flight.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I find it useful as well. I am usually connecting to/from Horizon flights (from Eugene) so getting to/from N to C is a pain if you have to go through the D station.
ctporter likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
not when your inbound lands early, but blocks in 15-20 min late at N18 for what was offered as a 40-minute connection to a flight departing from C18
ctporter likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Pics?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
That stop is useless for AS flyers who are SEA residents. Arriving at N was tolerable when there were no stops heading back to the main terminal.

Last edited by MonThruThurs; Jan 24, 2020 at 9:55 am
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
That stop is useless for AS flyers who are SEA residents. Arriving at N was tolerable when there were no stops heading back to the main terminal.
It adds like 1-2 mins max? lol
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
That stop is useless for AS flyers who are SEA residents. Arriving at N was tolerable when there was no stops heading back to the main terminal.
Totally disagree, SEA is my home airport and when arriving at any of the C gates that are C9 and above using the train to baggage claim/ground transportation is very quick and easy. (no wading through the crowds standing out in the concourse at the C2 gates). When I have landed at N and am on my way back to the main terminal, I have never found the length of time that the train stops at C to be long or annoying.

What IS annoying is calling ahead for an Uber/Lyft and still have to wait another 15-20 minutes for them to arrive in the parking garage pickup point.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Absolutely disagree. Arriving at C20, it saves time
cblaisd and ctporter like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
And moreover, twice in the last year I have been in N for my flight and gotten a gate change notice to the high C gates. If you have any sort of knee issues (or even if you don't) it was a very long schlep from N.

Or, as happened once last year, I got bumped from a SEA-OAK flight leaving from N and to a SEA-SFO flight leaving from C17, and not a lot of time to make the change. The train would have been really, really helpful.

More options are always better than fewer.
be_rettSEA and ctporter like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by DUT

DUT
Originally Posted by beckoa
Agree.

It's also nice when walking to a certain lounge in the B gates.

Took long enough
Originally Posted by ctporter
I find it VERY useful! I can easily get to the new N gate lounge when I have a flight at C9 and above (especially when C club gets so crowded), or when arriving at C9 and above it is nice to take a train to bag claim instead of that long walk after a long day and long flight.
Originally Posted by Klrduks
I find it useful as well. I am usually connecting to/from Horizon flights (from Eugene) so getting to/from N to C is a pain if you have to go through the D station.
Originally Posted by jrl767
not when your inbound lands early, but blocks in 15-20 min late at N18 for what was offered as a 40-minute connection to a flight departing from C18
Sorry, you are all right.
See, that's why dictatorship is bad. If I were the Dictator of Seattle Airport, I would have demolished the C station but now I know better. I wonder if an underground walkway to N from C or D should have been built in the early 1970's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.