Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2020 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
1. The latter - rest of 2020, and now rest of 2021 with AS status extension.
2. No way to delay - crediting is based on date of flight for qualification purposes. You could always request later, but they'd still count based on flight date not by when they were credited.
Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:15 am

deleted

Last edited by Exleftseat; Apr 15, 2020 at 9:19 am Reason: no one responded
Old Apr 19, 2020, 5:33 am

Retrospective Credit on SQ without Boarding Pass

My wife flew SIN-LAX-SIN while crediting the miles to Alaska Airlines. She received the miles for the SIN-LAX leg, but not for the LAX-SIN leg. She does not have the boarding pass any more (threw them out). We contacted Alaska Airlines, but they said they need the Boarding Pass, any thoughts on how else to get the miles? I already tried SQ, but they said they cannot reprint the boarding pass. She is MVP if that helps.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 2:31 pm

Cancel fees for partner award booking, MVPG and MVP

Hi all,
I know this has been asked and answered but I have had trouble locating it. Partner award booking purchased for 2 by MVPG, companion is MVP. If cancelled, I know the MVPG $125 cancellation fee is waived, but do they waive for the MVP as well? I also recall that the $12.50 partner award booking fee is waived for neither. Thank you.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
If the miles came from a Gold Account they will not charge the $125 fee to redeposit no matter the status or lack Therof of the traveler. The $12.50 always goes up in smoke however.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Depending on when the award flight actually was, you might be able to get the booking fee waived too due to COVID.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
If the miles came from a Gold Account they will not charge the $125 fee to redeposit no matter the status or lack Therof of the traveler. The $12.50 always goes up in smoke however.
Originally Posted by lensovet
Depending on when the award flight actually was, you might be able to get the booking fee waived too due to COVID.
Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by SCtrojan
My wife flew SIN-LAX-SIN while crediting the miles to Alaska Airlines. She received the miles for the SIN-LAX leg, but not for the LAX-SIN leg. She does not have the boarding pass any more (threw them out). We contacted Alaska Airlines, but they said they need the Boarding Pass, any thoughts on how else to get the miles? I already tried SQ, but they said they cannot reprint the boarding pass. She is MVP if that helps.
Any other alternative proof such as in flight purchase receipt or baggage tag still attached to a suitcase? You could try contacting Singapore again and request a proof of flight. Google found this form which includes a request for that but contacting their customer service might be easier to try first.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p..._25May2018.pdf

Did you submit the ticket receipt in an email or just phone Alaska? If it was phone, try requesting via email with the receipt.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Did you submit the ticket receipt in an email or just phone Alaska? If it was phone, try requesting via email with the receipt.
You can freehand an email, attach any supporting documents you may have as suggested by rustykettel and send it to [email protected].

James
rustykettel likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:56 pm

Hi all, Does anyone know whether AS will allow two different partner awards to be booked on the same day? For example - ORD-LHR and DFW-HKG both on Oct. 20. I haven't found anything in the AS terms and conditions about this, but wanted to confirm before one/both awards are voided. Many thanks
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by DGL10010
Hi all, Does anyone know whether AS will allow two different partner awards to be booked on the same day? For example - ORD-LHR and DFW-HKG both on Oct. 20. I haven't found anything in the AS terms and conditions about this, but wanted to confirm before one/both awards are voided. Many thanks
It's not in the Mileage Plan T&C (other than a vague prohibition about fraudulent & deceitful actions), but the main Contract of Carriage prohibits impossible/illogical bookings which those would appear to be. Depending on how Alaska discovers it & what they think is the motivation may range from Reservations contacting you to cancel one of them or the Fraud department suspending/cancelling your MP account.

Last edited by rustykettel; Apr 21, 2020 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You can freehand an email, attach any supporting documents you may have as suggested by rustykettel and send it to [email protected].

James
Thanks both. We received the confirmation from SQ. It says nothing about the AS number, so not sure if AS will accept. Will give it a shot.
Also thanks for the suggestion on luggage tag. I will check my wife's bag.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:48 am

Thanks rustykettel ! Basically an issue of two events and not sure which I'll be able to attend based on current situation, so I'd like to have the award available and will then cancel once there is greater clarity on which (if either) will go forward. I know that AA won't let you double book an award, just wanted to confirm with AS.

Last edited by DGL10010; Apr 21, 2020 at 9:49 am Reason: direct response to poster
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:34 am

So with Alaska's new covid policy, if I'm reading it right, if I book an award flight right now on a partner airline, I can have free cancellation and changes for travel dates up till April 30/21, correct? Just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. It doesn't mention anything about points be redeposited for free, but I assume they would be?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ad...#peace-of-mind
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Sorry for the newbie question, but the folks on the AS Twitter team can't understand my question. I'm looking at booking the following using AA miles on 1 ticket/PNR via a one-way award:
1. XXX-SEA-FAI-ANC. XXX-SEA-FAI is on day 1, arriving FAI at 11:45PM and a ~2 hour connection in SEA.
2. FAI-ANC is on day 2 with a 6AM departure, so we're in FAI for 6 hours, 15 minutes

Anyone know if wan we check bags all the way through to ANC or if we'll be required to collect them in FAI and re-check them 5 hours later (and pay bag fees again)?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.