Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

No MVPG Status, even though I qualified...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!

So I re-qualified YESTERDAY (yep, down to the wire) for MVPG status. The miles have posted.
But my account is now downgraded to just MVP. No Gold.
So... is this something I should do something about, or just wait it out and assume the "system" will figure it out?
Any others with this situation?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
I don’t think the status sweeps are running constantly. Give it a couple days.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
If the miles have posted (they are posting a lot quicker now, thanks AS), then I expect all systems to have updated your status by Sunday morning.

When is your next flight?

Be glad you didn't have a partner flight involved
JPat and jjmadison like this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I qualified for 75k with a partner flight so my miles took over a week to post. But, once they posted, my status updated within a couple of hours, and I had the GGUs and lounge passes, and 50k bonus miles. Still no welcome email though.
Jma12 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Update:
Status was granted on 1/2/2020 for flights which took place (and miles awarded quickly, indeed beckoa I'm thrilled with the speed!) on 12/31/19.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Legend717
Update:
Status was granted on 1/2/2020 for flights which took place (and miles awarded quickly, indeed beckoa I'm thrilled with the speed!) on 12/31/19.
The upside of this is your GGU's were issued in 2020. See if they have a 2020 or 2021 expiry...I think it might be the latter.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My welcome email arrived today...
williwaw and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by channa
The upside of this is your GGU's were issued in 2020. See if they have a 2020 or 2021 expiry...I think it might be the latter.
I qualified on a 12/31 flight a couple years ago, and my official status posted 2-3 days into the new year. My GGU's were effectively valid for 2 years.

It is sad to see my miles at 0 again on AS... will have to remedy that on Friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.