Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Finding First or Business awards to Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding First or Business awards to Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
I think technically Condor is now independent of the insolvent UK company Thomas Cook.
Waitlisted and lensovet like this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I found several days in early September with Condor availability to FRA from PDX (with stops in SEA or LAS or even MSP). Intra-Europe using Alaska miles can be difficult as I'm finding either Aer Lingus requiring overnights in Dublin or Finnair requiring overnights in Helsinki - no BA flights, even to London!

Alternatively, BOS seems to have all of the BA redemptions right now with nearly every day available in J, to and from, but with fees of $600+ so you might want to weigh that against what it would cost to make your own way to wherever from FRA if you go the Condor route.

Finnair availability in J does pop up here and there so maybe concentrate your searches from their North American gateways to Helsinki and then build on from there.

Good luck!
thanks to all of you. As for above, how do you search using miles for any of these airlines such as finnair, condor, etc. they don’t seem to show up in Alaska’s search. Also, when searching for first or business on Alaska’s site, it always shows coach and you have to search each flight on each day to look for those as even when using calendar it shows the coach miles, not business or first. Is there a way to only search for first or business and not coach?

Last edited by Waitlisted; Dec 31, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the calendar view you can select the class of service. Is a radio button on the left. The choices are "Saver", "Lowest Available", "Business", and "First".

Unfortunately you can still get stuck with mixed cabin awards, so watch out for that. If I know the airline I want, I usually search from gateway to gateway to mitigate this (it can still show up if they give your a first class repositioning flight to another gateway before your coach long haul) and then try to build an itinerary from that. It's not foolproof because of married segments but it's helpful.

Also, if the partner publishers their award space, I'll use expertflyer. Sometimes searching using the website of a different partner can be helpful as well.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Don't forget about searching from YVR, YYC or YEG. I seen some Condor J out of YYC to FRA over several dates in June. AS will provide connecting service to the "International" North American Gateway.

Also, while AS doesn't fly to MEX anymore, BA is an option for MEX to/from LHR and beyond for booking with Mileage Plan.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.