MVP Gold Guest Upgrade GIVEAWAY thread (2019)

Old Dec 4, 19, 4:40 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
MVP Gold Guest Upgrade GIVEAWAY thread (2019)

As we approach the end of the status year (December 31, 2019), Mileage Plan members on FlyerTalk with no opportunity or plans to use expiring Gold Guest Upgrades themselves often gift them to others. In the past, we have hosted a giveaway on FlyerTalk and are resurrecting that tradition this year.

Please note this is a GIVEAWAY thread only. No money or other consideration may be exchanged, and ONLY posters who are giving away upgrades may post in this thread.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

• Soliciting/asking for GGUs is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.
  • Donors may make ONE post in this thread offering any number of GGUs as gifts. No other posts will be allowed in this thread. Donors should edit their existing post for any changes or to reflect that the offered GGUs are no longer available. Do not post any responses or follow-ups.
  • AS Gold Guest Upgrades (GGUs) are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades as a gift for no reward. In order to comply with Mileage Plan T&Cs, a GGU must be given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.
  • Out of respect for our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.
  • Donors will ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, etc.) and are under no obligation to give to any particular member or to anyone at all.
  • Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted GGU (e.g., increased taxes or departure fees).
  • This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited.
  • While we want to facilitate the shared community feel of our corner of FlyerTalk, tenured FlyerTalk members who qualify for access to The Coupon Connection may also (or alternatively) offer their GGUs for free gift only (no trades or sale) in that forum.
  • Absolutely no discussion of any kind will be allowed in this thread. If you have a question about how to use a GGU, please post your question in a new or existing thread elsewhere in the Alaska Airlines forum. Posts may be edited by the moderators at will. Any posts other than ONE post per donor member only will be summarily deleted without any explanation or right of appeal. Moderators will not respond to any communication regarding moderator actions in this thread.

If anyone receives an offer to sell, buy, barter, or trade GGUs by PM, please report the PM and contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of Mileage Plan and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks, everyone!

jackal
dayone

Alaska Airlines forum moderators
g.b.s. likes this.

Last edited by jackal; Dec 6, 19 at 1:07 pm
Old Dec 4, 19, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond; Choice Hotels - Diamond, Former AS MVP Gold-75
I have a BUNCH of Gold 75 Upgrades to GIVE away. These must be used prior to 31 Dec 2019 (but can be for travel after that date). I MIGHT also have some boardroom passes (that I will give out in the future).

Out of fairness, I will give them out in the order I receive responses.

For some reason, I'm limited in the number of member messages I can send on here a day, but I will answer as many as I can per day.

*UPDATE* I still have some passes left, but I am limited to the number of messages I can respond to a day. If you have already written me, I have enough, but can't send a message to you today due to the limits of this website. I will as soon as I can.

ALSO, please let me know when you receive my message (and then if you CAN'T use them).
abc36608, Alifay and g.b.s. like this.

Last edited by iowaaggie; Dec 5, 19 at 5:01 pm Reason: Additional information
Old Dec 5, 19, 11:06 am

I have two left to give away, (I just found this forum, and this is my first post. Yay me!!) I've previously given them away on r/alaskairlines, but this seems to be a much more active group!!
Alifay, g.b.s. and Boeing74 like this.
Old Dec 9, 19, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I’ve got 7 to giveaway. PM me for codes.

Edit: All 7 given away. If they aren't redeemed in 3 days, they'll be available again. Check back later.
Alifay and Boeing74 like this.

Last edited by pushmyredbutton; Dec 9, 19 at 4:45 pm Reason: 7 given away
Old Yesterday, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
I have 8 GGU to give away,
4 Lounge Pass to give,
please PM me
PaperGlider likes this.

Last edited by lky001; Yesterday at 1:41 am

Search this Thread