Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New "Flagship" Alaska Lounge in SEA North Satellite (Opened 7/12/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Flagship" Alaska Lounge in SEA North Satellite (Opened 7/12/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Something not obvious is that the 3rd beer from the left is by Ghostfish Brewing in Seattle and is an entirely gluten free beer (and their beers don't suck)
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for the images @Carfield. Excited by the aviation themed lighting myself- and of course can't wait to see the views.

Does anyone know if the Boardroom err Alaska Lounge offers tasting flights for the beers yet? Would be a neat feature with so many options
pcoll likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Thanks for the images @Carfield. Excited by the aviation themed lighting myself- and of course can't wait to see the views.

Does anyone know if the Boardroom err Alaska Lounge offers tasting flights for the beers yet? Would be a neat feature with so many options
They didn’t have glasses for tasting flights, but the bartender was more than happy to accommodate some tasting, albeit with unchilled wine glasses.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
How’s the WiFi working?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:37 am
formerly ASTechGuy

Wifi is great, space is large and beautiful with a fantastic view of the runways. So far, my only disappointment (aside from the predictably paltry food offerings) is the plastic-covered apples at the buffet. Whole apples, wrapped in single use plastic. I mean, really?!?!!

Last edited by PacNWFlyer; Jul 17, 2019 at 9:44 am
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Am assuming (but haven't seen/heard anything about them yet) that they significantly increased the restroom capacity from the former N lounge?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:57 am
formerly ASTechGuy

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Am assuming (but haven't seen/heard anything about them yet) that they significantly increased the restroom capacity from the former N lounge?
Was just in there and yes, much larger. Nicer finishes, too.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Yikes!! How could you not improve from a single, multi-use bathroom? That place was annoying as you had to wait in line constantly.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
Yikes!! How could you not improve from a single, multi-use bathroom? That place was annoying as you had to wait in line constantly.
But to be fair it was always designed to be temporary and I thought they did a pretty fantastic job with it under the circumstances.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
But to be fair it was always designed to be temporary and I thought they did a pretty fantastic job with it under the circumstances.
Yeah, I understand that it was a temp situation and it was just as easy to go out and use the terminal bathroom. Still, you could only go "up" from that situation.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Something not obvious is that the 3rd beer from the left is by Ghostfish Brewing in Seattle and is an entirely gluten free beer (and their beers don't suck)
You have no idea how excited I was to find they have a Ghostfish IPA on tap!!!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Oh boy, good thing AS has added the lounge discount to the BofA cards. My wife has a gluten allergy and she misses a good IPA or two more than just about anything else from the once-upon-a-time world of wheat. Even worse, our son is celiac, so Ghostfish is a required stop every time I'm in Seattle with one or both along. Their beer is definitely some of the best in the GF arena - not that that's saying much in and of itself - and the food at the pub (all GF) is excellent too. Frankly this is the best news I've read yet about the lounge. As the silly saying goes: happy wife, happy life. And there's almost no happier wife I know than the one with an IPA in her hand.
philemer and LWkitty like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
FWIW: An employee in a different AS lounge told me sadly that the N lounge is understaffed --- just too big a space for the current number of workers to cover. Hopefully this is just temporary while AS is figuring things out. Meanwhile if I use the N lounge I'll make doubly sure that I don't leave anything behind for the staff to clean up.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
I noticed two restroom areas. In the one I used, it was similar to the C Lounge restroom. That surprised me - maybe the other one (near bar) is larger.

7/27: men's room by bar has 2 S, 2 U. other, by entrance, has 2 S, 1 U. I forgot to ask wife how many S she saw.

Last edited by akdancer; Jul 29, 2019 at 11:44 am Reason: more info
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
No time but the present?

I couldn't see a single clock in the new N Lounge. Confirmed by the desk greeter - who said you can look at the Arrivals/Departures screens for the time.

The view (7/20) was excellent. Food, as expected, standard - but the cases/shelves/etc. are much nicer. About two hours before I'd been in DL's club at SFO - you get what you pay for. I'm reserving final judgement till I see the AS Lounge at SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.