Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Funniest almost denial of Board Room admittance to date (for me)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest almost denial of Board Room admittance to date (for me)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:52 am

Happened to me this past Friday evening - I paid for an upgrade LAX-IAD - and assumed that flying first on a paid upgrade would get me in. I thought that would be the case, but was turned away. I was exhausted and expected to have a couple hours to rest up and was really, really not happy.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Complementary, paid, and instrument upgrades all book into U class, which is not valid for lounge access.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HomerJay
Happened to me this past Friday evening - I paid for an upgrade LAX-IAD - and assumed that flying first on a paid upgrade would get me in. I thought that would be the case, but was turned away. I was exhausted and expected to have a couple hours to rest up and was really, really not happy.
That has never been the case, and is a good reason to compare the fare you're paying vs the cheapest paid F fare, given the included lounge access and bonus EQMs.
rustykettel and icelandman2 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
OP, was it possible the lounge agent was simply having a laugh, aka messing with you?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
OP, was it possible the lounge agent was simply having a laugh, aka messing with you?
no! That’s the funny thing!
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe it will get you a good deal at the TWA hotel, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.