Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New Oakland / Seattle option - but not on AS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Oakland / Seattle option - but not on AS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've now done OAK-PHX (and vice-verse) a number of times. Here are a few thoughts:
  • The other major negative is the private terminal departure/arrival can create challenges. My Uber driver couldn't find the pick-up spot at OAK (didn't help that he was stoned out of his gourd).
I tend to walk across the street and get picked up at the Hilton or go to the main road at least. Guess Uber/Lyft will figure it out at some point.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
I tend to walk across the street and get picked up at the Hilton or go to the main road at least. Guess Uber/Lyft will figure it out at some point.
I've yet to have an issue @ OAK.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: AKAir 75K, BestWestern PE
I was just looking at this airline today and trying to figure if it works for me, they have really upped their number of flights daily. I often fly short notice or have to change my booking by a couple of days so end up paying quite a bit. My current home is in ANC but travel to LA a bit. Looks like good options from BUR to OAK and then on to SEA.

Anyone have experience getting from Boeing Field to SEA? What are the best options shuttle, rideshare, taxi?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by chillymac
I was just looking at this airline today and trying to figure if it works for me, they have really upped their number of flights daily. I often fly short notice or have to change my booking by a couple of days so end up paying quite a bit. My current home is in ANC but travel to LA a bit. Looks like good options from BUR to OAK and then on to SEA.

Anyone have experience getting from Boeing Field to SEA? What are the best options shuttle, rideshare, taxi?
Rideshare - it’s a quick and cheap ride
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by chillymac
Ride share. It's easy. I believe there's also car rental there, but I've never done it.

I took JSX a few months ago on PHX-LAS and it's definitely a game changer. Total trip time was 90 minutes door to door, and I was at my dinner meeting in Las Vegas three hours after I left my house in Phoenix. Usually when I fly WN on the route it's a two or three hour trip.

Bring noise cancelling headphones though.Those E135s are loud inside.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:26 pm

Boeing Field to Portland just announced today to start 5 times/day beginning 2 April on JSX.
They'll need to codeshare on JetBlue (like they do for BFI-OAK) for me to be able to book these on Concur. Emailed JSX on this topic, hope to get a resolution!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by jjclancy
They'll need to codeshare on JetBlue (like they do for BFI-OAK) for me to be able to book these on Concur. Emailed JSX on this topic, hope to get a resolution!
All the other routes are so will probably happen in a few days.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
SeaPort ran this, couldn't make any money, pulled out, and put the planes on other routes, and then went out of business.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
SeaPort ran this, couldn't make any money, pulled out, and put the planes on other routes, and then went out of business.
Not many airlines were seeing stellar results in the depths of the financial crisis.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:17 am

JSX is finally back at BFI--starting up service to Las Vegas 4 days a week starting 23 July.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
JSX is finally back at BFI--starting up service to Las Vegas 4 days a week starting 23 July.
As a Santa Monica resident, I'm still salty that SMO-SJC had to get cancelled before a single flight ever took off.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
As a Santa Monica resident, I'm still salty that SMO-SJC had to get cancelled before a single flight ever took off.
You have only your city to blame as they sued to close the airport and immediately shortened the runway to make the new service impossible.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
This might be more popular than BFI-OAK, though with PAE-LAS being an option on AS/QX, the total travel time is very similar for many people.

I can definitely see the weekend flights selling quickly once people learn of this option to LAS.

Having flown on the ERJ-140 and ERJ-145, flying on the ERJ-135 would be really cool.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 6:45 pm

Hopefully BFI-OAK will return. It’s a great option.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You have only your city to blame as they sued to close the airport and immediately shortened the runway to make the new service impossible.
Yeah I'm aware of how all that went down.

To me the most galling thing about it is that it doesn't seem like an accident that after ten years of quixotic lawsuits over this (the terms under which the US military gave the airport to Santa Monica as war surplus CLEARLY do not allow the city to shut down the airport) the city suddenly got what it wanted once the Trump administration came in--huge surprise that an administration where nobody actually cares about doing their jobs was willing to abruptly upend ten years of the federal government insisting that the city had no leg to stand on on this one. It's galling because it lets them claim a victory on something that should realistically only be viewed as a flagrant waste of taxpayer money--pretty much everyone living near the airport moved there knowing full well they were moving next to an airport, it's not like the airport was plopped into the middle of an existing residential area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.