Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Icelandair (FI) Coach Awards Increase by 7,500 Miles (5/1/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair (FI) Coach Awards Increase by 7,500 Miles (5/1/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by jinglish
"Open-jaw stopovers" aren't a thing in any program unless you count stopovers at coterminals, like HND/NRT. That's two awards, period.
Thanks, saw JFK-CDG // AMS-FCO as a "valid" example on a blog (TIF), so thought I'd ask.

I wouldn't say any program though. Booked many UA open jaw stop awards back in the day (albeit roundtrip award), possibly still can now?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by frudd38
Thanks, saw JFK-CDG // AMS-FCO as a "valid" example on a blog (TIF), so thought I'd ask.

I wouldn't say any program though. Booked many UA open jaw stop awards back in the day (albeit roundtrip award), possibly still can now?
Are you referring to UA's Excursionist Perk? That doesn't count as a stopover--it's just a free extra segment. And it's possible to book open-jaw reservations with stopovers... but it cannot be a stopover if you're moving between cities. A stopover is a stop in one place of 4+ hours on a domestic trip or 24+ internationally.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by jinglish
Are you referring to UA's Excursionist Perk? That doesn't count as a stopover--it's just a free extra segment. And it's possible to book open-jaw reservations with stopovers... but it cannot be a stopover if you're moving between cities. A stopover is a stop in one place of 4+ hours on a domestic trip or 24+ internationally.
Not too familiar with the Excursionist Perk as these current UA rules are gimmicky.

But the old UA (and US I believe, the airline merged with AA) and current NH rules allow the following route, which to me is an open jaw, stop over: LAX-PEK // PVG-NRT(stop)-LAX

And thanks for the definition of a stopover

Last edited by frudd38; Nov 19, 2019 at 8:46 am
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by frudd38
But the old UA (and US I believe, the airline merged with AA) and current NH rules allow the following route, which to me is an open jaw, stop over: LAX-PEK // PVG-NRT(stop)-LAX
As I said, you can have stopovers on open-jaw awards in some programs, including AS's. But hopping between KEF and BGO is not an "open-jaw stopover" because those just don't exist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.