Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold Check-In and Boarding Group Oddity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MVP Gold Check-In and Boarding Group Oddity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
This is an ongoing problem apparently. MVPG here - Group B yesterday AUS-SEA.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
Just ignore the glitches in app and board in your normal group

As an MVP Gold, ever since they changed to the letter system group process, I've had problems off and on with my app showing the correct group or even showing a group at all. This has been going on for months for me. Half the time, the boarding pass on my app shows no group at all, but only shows "--". Occasionally it has shown me in the wrong group. I once asked a gate agent about it, but for the most part I just ignore what the app says and instead board with Group A - or if upgraded to first, I board when they call first class.

As for recent upgrade list problems reported above, I also experienced that as well. I checked in to my March 31 Sunday flight last week and was not on the upgrade list. I called customer service several times and they claimed I was on the upgrade list but that it was just not showing on my app. However, when I arrived at the gate, the gate agents said I was not on the upgrade list. I had to wait until everyone else boarded and then they manually upgraded me (because there were several open first class seats). I sent an email to customer service about the issue and never got a response. However, when I flew on April 3, I was able to see my name on the upgrade list, and I got an upgrade to first - though the app wasn't showing what group I was supposed to be in, only showing "--".
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:44 pm

Hey guys,

Just want to say this forum and threads like this are hella useful. You'd never believe how many bugs there are at any time and like Sabre is a maddening beast in itself. Keep up the reports to CS coming those do matter just sometimes never know how many get lost in other queues and not marked for engineering so forum helps.
bmvaughn, be_rettSEA and williwaw like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by FlipCup88
Hey guys,

Just want to say this forum and threads like this are hella useful. You'd never believe how many bugs there are at any time and like Sabre is a maddening beast in itself. Keep up the reports to CS coming those do matter just sometimes never know how many get lost in other queues and not marked for engineering so forum helps.
Good to know - and welcome!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:36 pm

I'm having similar problems!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'm a Million Miler and discovered on a flight with my spouse this week (on the same PNR) that I was put into group D with her, as she has no status. I assumed it was because the app chose her group for both of us.

But a week earlier, I was flying by myself and was put into group B.

In both cases, it should have been group A. I had no problem boarding in group A both times, either (and yes, with my spouse in the first case). But this is an oddly, apparently random glitch to those outside of IT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.