Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold Check-In and Boarding Group Oddity

Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya

Checked in for my flight tomorrow and it assigned me Group B but shows Gold status on BP. Also not on upgrade waitlist though it shows on my reservation I am. Though Ive come to think the online waitlist is more of a bit of theater than fact these days.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by williwaw
Checked in for my flight tomorrow and it assigned me Group B but shows Gold status on BP. Also not on upgrade waitlist though it shows on my reservation I am. Though Ive come to think the online waitlist is more of a bit of theater than fact these days.
I've certainly experienced similar issues in the past, but the last six weeks everything has seemed to work like it should. I was hopeful Alaska IT was finally getting its act together, but I guess just lucky.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Im having the same issue. Im G75 (which is on my boarding pass), but my mobile boarding pass is showing Group B for tomorrows flight.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

I tried app checkin and online checkin - same results. CSR was unable to help and said check with gate agent. (Also there are already 21 on the waitlist for PDX-ORD ooof. Not including me, so I assume other phantoms are out there too.)
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
MVP Gold and boarding group D?

I'm flying on AS371 tonight from OAK to SEA. I am MVP Gold and in Main Cabin, not Saver. This is always Boarding Group A . What gives with Boarding Group D on my boarding pass? Who is Boarding Group A, B and C?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:38 pm

I'm having the same problem. MVP Gold, Boarding group D and not on the upgrade list. I figure I'll just walk up with Boarding Group A and board.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It looks like some weird IT glitch (again). Other are also having issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...in-oddity.html). Just board when group A is called.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sjbsf
I'm having the same problem. MVP Gold, Boarding group D and not on the upgrade list. I figure I'll just walk up with Boarding Group A and board.
Can you see yourself listed on the waitlist for upgrades?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:57 pm

I don't see myself on the upgrade list either. I never get upgraded on this flight because the waitlist is usually 40+, so I didn't call in to ensure I was on the list.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sjbsf
I don't see myself on the upgrade list either. I never get upgraded on this flight because the waitlist is usually 40+, so I didn't call in to ensure I was on the list.
I am not anticipating an upgrade either with so many on the list now and it being an Airbus.... But odd.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Are any of these flights purchased on a saver fare? Just curious - I haven't purchased one yet, as I heard that zero elite benefits are allowed with the savers. Maybe that includes early boarding and waitlist.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QT31415
Are any of these flights purchased on a saver fare? Just curious - I haven't purchased one yet, as I heard that zero elite benefits are allowed with the savers. Maybe that includes early boarding and waitlist.
I am on a K fare for this one.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Elites get to stay in their earlier boarding groups, even on saver fares: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...r#mileage-plan
As an elite Mileage Plan member, what benefits do I receive on a Saver fare?

You may board according to your status. Baggage fees are still waived according to your status, and youll receive the same refreshments and inflight entertainment. ...
williwaw likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Putting money on this being an IT bork....
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Mine is T class. Im on the waitlist ok, just have the odd boarding group. Im not going to worry about it too much yet, since Im currently first of the waitlist, so Im hoping Ill get my upgrade and it will be a non-issue. I might grab a paper boarding pass at the airport to see if it also shows Group B

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.