Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Earn double miles flying nonstop coast to coast.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn double miles flying nonstop coast to coast.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by D_Bo
Anyone having issues getting the points? I registered then completed 3 coast to coast flights (yes, the correct departing and arriving locations) but never got the points. I call AS and they said I never registered! I am sure I registered and when I went back to the registration page my browser remembered and had filled in all my info. I re-registered and got to a screen saying my registration was successful, but did not receive an email. I waited and registered again that same day and once again got a page saying successful registration but no email confirmation.

Anyone else having issues?
I never got the email either, but took screenshots of everything.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
I never got the email either, but took screenshots of everything.
Thanks olouie. Did your double points post? If so, how long before you saw them show up?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Anyone having issues getting the points? I registered then completed 3 coast to coast flights (yes, the correct departing and arriving locations) but never got the points. I call AS and they said I never registered! I am sure I registered and when I went back to the registration page my browser remembered and had filled in all my info. I re-registered and got to a screen saying my registration was successful, but did not receive an email. I waited and registered again that same day and once again got a page saying successful registration but no email confirmation.

Anyone else having issues?
I’ve had this issue on countless promotions. Says I registered, but of course there’s no confirmation email and when you go back to the page it allows you to register again vs telling you you’ve already registered.

Every time the MileagePlan service center manually adjusted the miles, but not without a fight and a tongue-lashing that it was a total favor on their part. Total pain but that’s AS IT these days...
jjmadison, be_rettSEA and D_Bo like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:00 pm

Thanks olouie. Did your double points post? If so, how long before you saw them show up?
Haven't flown a route yet, but confirmed with their twitter team that I am registered.
D_Bo likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
don't recall receiving a confirmation email, but I've flown 15 TCONs since early April and my account shows bonus miles have posted for all
D_Bo likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My last RT LAX-BOS a couple week ago the gate agents on the outbound from LAX seemed to have a count of how many MP members had signed up and made an announcement that anybody who wasn't already signed up for double miles get in line and get registered before the flight. At least a dozen people lined up.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:03 pm

Wonder if AS is planning to offer the same promotion in 2020, maybe depending on the coast to coast competition?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
I'm doing my first (and so far only) true transcon early December. Kinda feel bummed I didn't get to take advantage of this much after signing up.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Finally flew SFO-RDU-SFO this month. Double miles did post - nice to get 7200 miles per direction

Originally Posted by mfolf
I'm doing my first (and so far only) true transcon early December. Kinda feel bummed I didn't get to take advantage of this much after signing up.
Still have the whole of November to book a few trips. I'm sure there are some deals to be had ^
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Fishingsnow
Wonder if AS is planning to offer the same promotion in 2020, maybe depending on the coast to coast competition?
I always wonder about the impact of these kinds of promos. I suppose they work or they wouldn't do them. But I would think it won't be repeated next year unless they really need to drive CA traffic.

Not that I would complain if they did...my promo miles have posted automatically.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by finlandia
I always wonder about the impact of these kinds of promos. I suppose they work or they wouldn't do them. But I would think it won't be repeated next year unless they really need to drive CA traffic.

Not that I would complain if they did...my promo miles have posted automatically.
I agree, they're reporting indicates that the transcon performance has improved, and presumably this was part of it.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Haven't had a problem with double miles posting yet. I do keep track carefully, in a spreadsheet, since 1-2 flights a year in 2017 and 2018 didn't post until I called in over a month later. So far (fingers crossed) no problems with AS flights posting, or miles bonuses being applied, in 2019.
D_Bo likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by finlandia

I'm not counting on it coming back, but do think they are still hurting a bit in the CA transcon market. Not sure that getting double miles will really be a deciding factor for most of the flying public, but for us that are invested in the program and were going to fly CA to east coast anyhow, it's a nice treat to get the extra miles.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I'm not counting on it coming back, but do think they are still hurting a bit in the CA transcon market. Not sure that getting double miles will really be a deciding factor for most of the flying public, but for us that are invested in the program and were going to fly CA to east coast anyhow, it's a nice treat to get the extra miles.
Agreed. I've always thought this promo was a great giveaway to those of us who are loyal AS transcon flyers. I have mentioned the promo to several friends who a UA transcon fliers, mainly on SFO-WAS flights, thinking they would consider trying Alaska. They took one look at the schedule options on Alaska and said it wasn't worth it.

With AS' latest cuts, mid-week SFO-WAS is 2x daily on AS vs 10x daily on UA (ex. Tues Dec 10th).

No matter how many miles you through at regular business travelers, the extremely inferior schedule is a deal killer. Add to that AS flights often costing more than UA flights (also evidenced on Tues Dec 10th) and I'm no longer surprised that none of my UA transcon-flying friends want to switch to AS. The one saving grace for me is the free change and cancellation policy for MVPG+. But that doesn't matter for most business travelers who work for larger companies.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jjmadison
With AS' latest cuts, mid-week SFO-WAS is 2x daily on AS vs 10x daily on UA

Are you expecting AS to match frequencies on flights between UA hubs, when UA's a considerably bigger airline?
Flying for Fun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.