Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
Date 23 Jan
PVR-SEA
Flight Number 209
Departure time 18:05
Menu (no)
Meal description: Cod or Ravioli

That was the entire description. No description of what was in the ravioli, or what kind of sauce was on the fish. . Orders were taken MVP Gold/75K first, then front to back. The ravioli contained cheese with spinach on top. Since I'm trying to be vegetarian this month, I greatly appreciated Golds (there were 4) getting first pick. Most of the non-Golds got the cod. I completely forgot I could reserve a meal. My seatmate had reserved cod, but the flight attendant's data indicated she had reserved a cheese plate.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by sjbsf
Date 23 Jan
PVR-SEA
Flight Number 209
Departure time 18:05
Menu (no)
Meal description: Cod or Ravioli

That was the entire description. No description of what was in the ravioli, or what kind of sauce was on the fish. . Orders were taken MVP Gold/75K first, then front to back. The ravioli contained cheese with spinach on top. Since I'm trying to be vegetarian this month, I greatly appreciated Golds (there were 4) getting first pick. Most of the non-Golds got the cod. I completely forgot I could reserve a meal. My seatmate had reserved cod, but the flight attendant's data indicated she had reserved a cheese plate.
Was this an airbus or boeing plane? Haven't see FAs take meal orders like UA does for elites first, especially if you can preorder your meals.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dayone
I know that airline food is a punching bag and complaints about AS' food go back decades. That said, I think AS' F food has gotten better in the last year or two. More imaginative, a bit healthier and it certainly has more eye appeal. Look at the all the colors in the posted images.

Of course, YMMV.
I agree - I'm a big hater on AS food dating back to 2010, and it had gotten even more grim in the 2017-early 2018 timeframe, which affected my decision to drop status. But glancing through this thread, there's clearly a marked improvement recently: I received the turkey burger on SEA-SLC and was surprised at both the generous portion for such a short flight and the quality of the food. Absolutely the best morsel of food AS has ever served me - not saying much, but it's definitely a start.

My only point of amusement is that these new trays are identical - if not literally, at least superficially - to the old trays Delta used to use before their Alessi serviceware rolled out. It's like they got a deal on them out the back of a GateGourmet catering truck or something Not that I'm complaining - they're quite functional and the nonstick coating is super helpful. But maybe they're studying the cross-town competition a little too seriously.

Kudos where kudos are due, though. Delta has been reducing their catering quality over the last 12 months, and it's nice to see Alaska going in the opposite direction!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date: 25 Jan
Route: ORD-SEA
Flight Number: 23
Departure time: 800a
Meal description (if given): Breakfast: Omelet (forgot description) with sausage and tri-color potatoes or Pulled Pork Breakfast Bowl. Both options served with fruit and blueberry muffin top

I pre-ordered the pork option which was one of my better meals on AS in recent memory. It wasn’t a bowl, but servings of pulled pork, black beans, and scrambled eggs on a plate. The pork was pretty bland but the black beans were seasoned with black pepper and cumin.

PDB of coffee in addition to the water bottles which was particularly welcome given the plane had sat a while in sub-zero temps.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:23 am

Roasted Cod with cucumber yogurt vs Spinach Bolognese Ravioli. Any suggestions? I’m not considering the cheese plate. I haven’t had Fish on Alaska before so I’m a bit hesitant...
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Can I get a rough idea of what might be offered on a 7:55PM SEA-LAX flight? Wondering how much dinner I should eat before hand, if any. The meal in app states "Snack".
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:10 pm

I'd be skeptical of the cod too. I was on a flight with those exact choices and the ravioli went quickly. I'd say it was a bit bland, but I always travel with condiments The ravioli and the cod plates looked very similar, including a bunch of roasted carrots or squash.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:11 pm

It's the first time it happened for me too. It was an Alaska plane with the old seating configuration (4 rows of F).
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:12 pm

I used to really hate the food too, and would regularly ask for the cheese plate or burger from the back. I still don't love it, but I agree that it's gotten noticeably better.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Roasted Cod with cucumber yogurt vs Spinach Bolognese Ravioli. Any suggestions? I’m not considering the cheese plate. I haven’t had Fish on Alaska before so I’m a bit hesitant...
I've had the cod three times this month and have ordered the ravioli for the second time tomorrow as I'm getting tired of the cod. If you haven't had the cod I'd go with that as a first choice. I have photos of both HERE.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by cragAK
Can I get a rough idea of what might be offered on a 7:55PM SEA-LAX flight? Wondering how much dinner I should eat before hand, if any. The meal in app states "Snack".
Originally Posted by safari ari
Date: Jan. 21, 2019
Route: LAX-SEA
Flight Number: 618
Departure time: 19:35
Menu: No
Meal description: Dinner

Described as turkey sandwich, but different than the usual turkey and gouda. This had sauteed onions, tomato, some rocket lettuce and the turkey tasted more honey smoked, which im personally not a fan of, on focaccia. But still decent enough for the ride. Other option was protein plate as expected. I like how they give you utensils for a sandwich. Ghiradelli peppermint chocolate square pre-landing, even though I had a few too many from the lounge prior to the flight.

Probably something similar
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:27 pm

Date: Jan. 24, 2019
Route: SEA-DEN
Flight Number: 618
Departure time: 19:35
Menu: No
Meal description: Snack

Choice between protein plate (shocker) or the turkey burger. Nuts distributed in small ramekins before with drinks. Turkey burger was fine, the actual burger was seasoned well while being a bit dry. Bun was actually toasted and not soggy which was really nice. Guacamole was pretty tasteless as well as the tomatoes, but it helped not make the burger feel as dry, which is a general issue with low fat burgers. Overall though the burger was probably the most sufficient meal i've had on a flight of that length, as in you felt the most full. Ghirardelli peppermint chocolates before landing.

Last edited by safari ari; Jan 25, 2019 at 6:31 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by safari ari
Probably something similar
Ah okay. Had that during an early afternoon flight LAS-PDX but that was last year. It wasn't bad, but a bag of kettle chips would have pushed it over the top and made it a proper meal. Good to know, I'll get something a tad more substantial at SeaTac.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 765 BWI - SEA on 1/25

Choice of cod or vegetarian ravioli. Decided to try the ravioli, since I’ve had plenty of the cod recently. I was pleasantly surprised. I haven’t cared for the vegetarian Bolognese sauce I’ve had on past Alaska flights, but this one seemed to have more flavor

Seat 2A likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 608 SEA - LAS on 1/25

Snack basket on this flight. Interestingly, drink service was done from front to back, but snacks were served from back to front

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.