Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Someone peed in the back galley towards the end of the flight, so that provided some excitement.
Wait. Wut?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by williwaw
Wait. Wut?
With about 80 minutes to go, one of the FAs made this announcement (this is verbatim too). "Ladies and gentlemen, normally we’d come through and do a third beverage service right now, but unfortunately and I cannot believe I’m saying this, someone has come in to the aft galley and urinated in the galley, so all our food is contaminated and we are unable to serve you anything. We apologize and...uh...suggest you write in or something.”

I have no clue what happened back there, but the FAs seemed to take it in stride despite being at a loss for words. I overheard them say it the pax claimed they had a medical condition and paramedics met us in PDX. That being said, while deplaning several people said the guy was blind drunk. Normally I grouse about not having that mid-cabin lav, but this time it was a godsend. Also, there rarely was a line for the F lav. Not bad for being on that plane for 7+ hours.
williwaw likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
...By the way, as I was eating the soup, I couldn't help but wonder what the people at Angle Lake were thinking when they decided to use square soup dishes...
More efficient shape for storage perhaps?

Good to hear your pre-order worked.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Yesterday my omelette and potatoes/sausage were served in separate bowls versus plates. Assuming a catering error here.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
the ravioli strangely tasted like the Costco stuff that sustained me through college.
Return of the Kirkland pasta from a couple years ago?
tusphotog likes this.

Last edited by rustykettel; Feb 14, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by williwaw
Wait. Wut?
on our flight Monday, several passengers who’d come forward to F, tried to “go in the closet”. Since i was in 1C, i monitored and corrected those passengers. We were all surprised how many went to the closet and looked confused after opening the door.
williwaw likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Are we coming to the end of the cod and ravioli rotation pretty soon? I'm about ready to try something else.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:23 am

had the roasted cod on jfk-sea a few days ago. pretty good flavor; one of the better recent meals on AS.

FA also brought around PDB's of red wine or champagne. not sure if that's new, but was a welcome start to the flight.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:30 pm

Has anyone found the menu reservation system is not working? The request keeps timing out for me for my upcoming flights.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by bkojote
Has anyone found the menu reservation system is not working? The request keeps timing out for me for my upcoming flights.
Give it a day or two. The weekend is not the best time to troubleshoot.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Originally Posted by dayone
Give it a day or two. The weekend is not the best time to troubleshoot.
Quick question, I have been traveling back-and-forth between SFO and DAL on Skywest operated flights, have not seen any meal selections options, is that norm for these kind of flights?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
SEA to SJC flight 200 this morning, granola with blueberriess and yogurt with smoothie shot or egg and Canadian bacon ciabatta with fruit with smoothie shot. Family had both. Both were fine. I prefer the granola yogurt in the morning as it is more consistent with my aging constitution. Kid likes the Canadian bacon and egg taken off the ciabatta role that can be sometimes soggie.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by tom911
Are we coming to the end of the cod and ravioli rotation pretty soon? I'm about ready to try something else.
Flying in a couple of weeks MCO-SAN and indeed had the cod/ravioli menu, as previously stated I usually pick pasta on flights but going out of the norm for the cod

Originally Posted by bkojote
it did not appear 2 weeks out exactly for me, it was almost after midnight before the option appeared for me on the next day.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
First time trying the reservation system. Which is better: The Montamore Tomato Omelet or the Sweet Potato Hash?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I can't speak for the hash, but the omelet is good. They don't really season the potatoes, but I suppose that's what the salt packet is for.
dgreen12 and wolfpacktrojan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.