Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Recognition and Free Chocolate

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:09 pm

E175 no chocolate

Flew on a E175 yesterday SFO-SEA. There were no chocolates passed out to MM or G75 fliers. It’s become a bit inconsistent hasn’t it?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
That's a nice touch but it's no wonder MVP Gold's have no idea what the chocolate policy is. FA's just doing what they want... Gotta love it.
It's not uncommon for VX crews to hand out chocolates to Golds in F, even though that's outside of policy. I don't complain about it.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:46 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (the seatback menu card?) that the chocolate is available upon request.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by channa
It's not uncommon for VX crews to hand out chocolates to Golds in F, even though that's outside of policy. I don't complain about it.
Wait, what is the policy? Is ANY Gold in F not supposed to receive one? I have definitely received chocolate a couple of times in F, but that might have been only for PAID F fares. Are you saying the policy means I should not have received one (which means reduces the "benefit" for a MVPG (or 75K) if they are paying more for their flight)? Or just that MVPGs who have been upgraded to F should not receive a chocolate according to the policy?

This sounds complicated. No wonder the chocolate giving is inconsistent. Either way, I want the chocolate...
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:49 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (the seatback menu card?) that the chocolate is available upon request.
On the rare occasions that I wanted a chocolate bar and wasn't offered one, I asked and always received one (and a few times, two).
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bellerina
This sounds complicated. No wonder the chocolate giving is inconsistent. Either way, I want the chocolate...
It certainly does. The more I read, the more I realize how little I understand this portion of the program. Likewise, I care more about the chocolate than the drinks & food, but not enough, at times, to have to ask or plead for it. Maybe their FAs find the policy as perplexing as we do?
Bellerina likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Various
Chocolate For Gold Alive and Well

On a West Coast flight last week in F, I asked for a Chocolate Bar for Gold. The FA went to the back and returned with a zip lock bag of Chocolate, offered me one, then proceeded to offer all F Passengers a bar of Chocolate, regardless of status 😯

These were the “Yellow” bars previously referred to, which are Milk Chocolate with Toasted Quinoa Sesame.

Bellerina likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
We have (once), as MVP, been able to barter our complementary alcohol (we don’t drink) for an MVPG chocolate. I haven’t tried other times, but it worked that time!
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by twitch76
We have (once), as MVP, been able to barter our complementary alcohol (we don’t drink) for an MVPG chocolate. I haven’t tried other times, but it worked that time!
was this in Premium Economy?

As MVP's don't receive a "First One's on Us" adult beverage
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by beckoa
was this in Premium Economy?

As MVP's don't receive a "First One's on Us" adult beverage
Sorry... yes. I should have clarified. We were in premium.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
These quinoa sesame chocolates are hot garbage. Any idea how often they switch the flavor? (The previous one was great.)
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by Sandonkey
These quinoa sesame chocolates are hot garbage. Any idea how often they switch the flavor? (The previous one was great.)
Lol, this shows people have different tastes. I thought the previous flavor was hot garbage so I wasn't eating my quinoa ones. Then two weeks ago I finally gave it a try (when I was travelling without having had lunch) and REALLY liked it. I'll take anyone's extra quinoa bars!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Lol, this shows people have different tastes. I thought the previous flavor was hot garbage so I wasn't eating my quinoa ones. Then two weeks ago I finally gave it a try (when I was travelling without having had lunch) and REALLY liked it. I'll take anyone's extra quinoa bars!
Will ask the FA to pass mine along to you.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The last couple of months I've been handing over my Cappuccino chocolates to my wife, but there appears to be another kind offered now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.