Elite Recognition and Free Chocolate

Old Sep 30, 19, 1:09 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
E175 no chocolate

Flew on a E175 yesterday SFO-SEA. There were no chocolates passed out to MM or G75 fliers. Itís become a bit inconsistent hasnít it?
ragtop is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 1:32 pm
  #92  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 34,976
Originally Posted by AS Flyer View Post
That's a nice touch but it's no wonder MVP Gold's have no idea what the chocolate policy is. FA's just doing what they want... Gotta love it.
It's not uncommon for VX crews to hand out chocolates to Golds in F, even though that's outside of policy. I don't complain about it.
channa is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 1:46 pm
  #93  
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: deep within the Eskimo lair
Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Posts: 16,846
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (the seatback menu card?) that the chocolate is available upon request.
missydarlin is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 2:33 pm
  #94  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Programs: AS MVP Gold
Posts: 171
Originally Posted by channa View Post
It's not uncommon for VX crews to hand out chocolates to Golds in F, even though that's outside of policy. I don't complain about it.
Wait, what is the policy? Is ANY Gold in F not supposed to receive one? I have definitely received chocolate a couple of times in F, but that might have been only for PAID F fares. Are you saying the policy means I should not have received one (which means reduces the "benefit" for a MVPG (or 75K) if they are paying more for their flight)? Or just that MVPGs who have been upgraded to F should not receive a chocolate according to the policy?

This sounds complicated. No wonder the chocolate giving is inconsistent. Either way, I want the chocolate...
Bellerina is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 2:49 pm
  #95  
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,020
Originally Posted by missydarlin View Post
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (the seatback menu card?) that the chocolate is available upon request.
On the rare occasions that I wanted a chocolate bar and wasn't offered one, I asked and always received one (and a few times, two).
dayone is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 2:52 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,344
Originally Posted by Bellerina View Post
This sounds complicated. No wonder the chocolate giving is inconsistent. Either way, I want the chocolate...
It certainly does. The more I read, the more I realize how little I understand this portion of the program. Likewise, I care more about the chocolate than the drinks & food, but not enough, at times, to have to ask or plead for it. Maybe their FAs find the policy as perplexing as we do?
Bellerina likes this.
Visconti is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 5:01 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Southern California/Los Angeles
Programs: Various
Posts: 2,669
Chocolate For Gold Alive and Well

On a West Coast flight last week in F, I asked for a Chocolate Bar for Gold. The FA went to the back and returned with a zip lock bag of Chocolate, offered me one, then proceeded to offer all F Passengers a bar of Chocolate, regardless of status 😯

These were the ďYellowĒ bars previously referred to, which are Milk Chocolate with Toasted Quinoa Sesame.


Bellerina likes this.
Robt760 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 9:35 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus
Posts: 354
We have (once), as MVP, been able to barter our complementary alcohol (we donít drink) for an MVPG chocolate. I havenít tried other times, but it worked that time!
twitch76 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 10:57 pm
  #99  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,530
Originally Posted by twitch76 View Post
We have (once), as MVP, been able to barter our complementary alcohol (we donít drink) for an MVPG chocolate. I havenít tried other times, but it worked that time!
was this in Premium Economy?

As MVP's don't receive a "First One's on Us" adult beverage
be_rettSEA likes this.
beckoa is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 11:13 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
was this in Premium Economy?

As MVP's don't receive a "First One's on Us" adult beverage
Sorry... yes. I should have clarified. We were in premium.
twitch76 is offline  
Old Oct 1, 19, 2:03 pm
  #101  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 16
These quinoa sesame chocolates are hot garbage. Any idea how often they switch the flavor? (The previous one was great.)
Sandonkey is offline  
Old Oct 1, 19, 2:37 pm
  #102  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Programs: AS MVP Gold
Posts: 171
Originally Posted by Sandonkey View Post
These quinoa sesame chocolates are hot garbage. Any idea how often they switch the flavor? (The previous one was great.)
Lol, this shows people have different tastes. I thought the previous flavor was hot garbage so I wasn't eating my quinoa ones. Then two weeks ago I finally gave it a try (when I was travelling without having had lunch) and REALLY liked it. I'll take anyone's extra quinoa bars!
Bellerina is offline  
Old Oct 1, 19, 4:11 pm
  #103  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Bellerina View Post
Lol, this shows people have different tastes. I thought the previous flavor was hot garbage so I wasn't eating my quinoa ones. Then two weeks ago I finally gave it a try (when I was travelling without having had lunch) and REALLY liked it. I'll take anyone's extra quinoa bars!
Will ask the FA to pass mine along to you.
Bellerina likes this.
Sandonkey is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: