Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Experience: ask for manual credit when close to next status level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Had 7 or 8 flights during the week of 10/18, reached 75K on 10/21 after the 3rd flight. The first 3 flights were posted on 10/25 which changed my status in the system and triggered the 50k bonus.

However those 3 flights taken between 10/21 and 10/25 only earned the 100% MVPG bonus instead of 125% 75K bonus despite the fact they were posted after 10/25, netting a lost of about 1500 miles.

Asked customer service to adjust the bonus and was told no, I had to wait for the system to update in order to receive benefits. I think if I didn't enter my MP number for those flights and waited for manual credit I would have earned by 75K rule, not a big deal but I feel like might be worth sharing.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
My one point of anecdata: when I first hit MVP, I qualified on PDX-BOS but hadn't had the miles credit by the time I flew PWM-DCA-PDX a few days later. I called in a couple of weeks later, and the agent gave me the 50% bonus RDMs for my return.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Yu Zhong
Had 7 or 8 flights during the week of 10/18, reached 75K on 10/21 after the 3rd flight. The first 3 flights were posted on 10/25 which changed my status in the system and triggered the 50k bonus.

[...]
Were all your flights on the same itinerary? If so, it may have been better to have only the number of flights needed to cross 75K separate from all the others. They would have processed and completed/closed the itinerary. It sounds like your status had changed as you got your 50K bonus but there was insufficient time for the system to propagate your new staus into existing reservations, epecially your ongoing itinerary which still had your old status.

Optionally, AS should be able to "refresh" your staus on an itinerary by removing and then adding your MP# again into the PNR before flying the next segment.

James
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Were all your flights on the same itinerary? If so, it may have been better to have only the number of flights needed to cross 75K separate from all the others. They would have processed and completed/closed the itinerary. It sounds like your status had changed as you got your 50K bonus but there was insufficient time for the system to propagate your new staus into existing reservations, epecially your ongoing itinerary which still had your old status.

Optionally, AS should be able to "refresh" your staus on an itinerary by removing and then adding your MP# again into the PNR before flying the next segment.

James
All those flights are actually on different partners so I think it's just a matter of time propagating new status to the credit posting system. I think what I'll do if I happen to have similar situation is to only have the number entered for flights enough to cross the threshold then wait for new status and submit manual requests.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Yu Zhong
All those flights are actually on different partners so I think it's just a matter of time propagating new status to the credit posting system. I think what I'll do if I happen to have similar situation is to only have the number entered for flights enough to cross the threshold then wait for new status and submit manual requests.
Yes, that would work too. I was thinking about AS itineraries and didn't consider partners not booked through AS. It usually does take a few days for everything to settle after the qualifying segment. I would wait until all your flights have posted and then send an email to AS outlining when you reached 75K and that subsequent flights did not receive the 125% bonus. They always seem to be prompt (at least in my experience) and I have seen changes in my account before receiving the "one time exception" email.

James.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Yes, that would work too. I was thinking about AS itineraries and didn't consider partners not booked through AS. It usually does take a few days for everything to settle after the qualifying segment. I would wait until all your flights have posted and then send an email to AS outlining when you reached 75K and that subsequent flights did not receive the 125% bonus. They always seem to be prompt (at least in my experience) and I have seen changes in my account before receiving the "one time exception" email.

James.
I did email them about it but got two responses saying "no we can't go back and give you the missing credit, they system had to wait, too bad "... I might try calling and see if the call center is more friendly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.