Wiki Posts
Search

Bag storage at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
There's no bag storage at LAX. Or any US airport, AFAIK, certainly not since 9/11.
SEA has bag storage available for a fee. IIRC, it's about $8 to $10. Not sure why LAX doesn't have one. when I last used the one at SEA, they had an X-ray machine like you find at the TSA checkpoint. Seems safe enough to me!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
There used to be one at Sea-Tac that specialized in not just holding your baggage, they had freezers if you wanted to store some food there. I guess there's enough freshly caught fish flying in & out of SEA

They went out of business last year, a couple weeks before I was planning to use them - I wanted to store some liquor from Beijing so I wouldn't have to check it through on some extra legs.

But apparently there's a new business offering storage at Seattle - a simple google search will show.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
There's no bag storage at LAX. Or any US airport, AFAIK, certainly not since 9/11.
Then someone should report PDX to the 9/11 security theatre police, because they definitely have bag storage. Used it earlier this year.
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Calculon

Then someone should report PDX to the 9/11 security theatre police, because they definitely have bag storage. Used it earlier this year.
You can add FLL to that list! Stored luggage there in January 2017 3 days after the shooting there. Of course the bags were hand checked before they would accept them.

James
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:33 pm

I've used the SEA one like three or four times. I absolutely love it when I'm traveling through that airport. In fact, I'll book one ways just so I can extend my layover in Seattle so I can go have lunch down town at pike place or something. I often fly PSC to SEA at like 6 or 7am, spend the day in SEA, and then like 6pm down to LAX/BUR. I see an extra city without having to take another day off from work for vacation or spend $200+ on a hotel. Sure it makes for a long travel day, but that day usually goes to waste anyway.... (I mean it's not like you're going to pay to hit Disney on your travel day when you land at 1pm or something and still need to check into your hotel...)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K
The freezer in the bag storage place is great when overnighting in SEA and taking frozen fish to friends/relatives on the east coast. I've done this many times because leaving from ANC, we frequently grab a hotel room at SEATAC rather than take a red-eye. Feel much better when arriving at destination on the east coast.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K
ANC has storage as well, option for a freezer too...gotta store that fish!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I have a wired situation. I'm having a mileage run lax (8:55pm PDT) - (5:00am EDT +1) phl (6:xx am EDT+1) - lax (10:xx am PDT +1), but i do have another real travel after that. I have boa credit card so check bag is free to me.
My real travel is delta leaving 11:50 am PDT+1 from LAX, so get back to ParkNFly is a little rush if i leave my bag in the car.
However, i want to know can i drop my bag at baggage claim after checking in because my bag will eventually come back?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by simonsuo
I have a wired situation. I'm having a mileage run lax (8:55pm PDT) - (5:00am EDT +1) phl (6:xx am EDT+1) - lax (10:xx am PDT +1), but i do have another real travel after that. I have boa credit card so check bag is free to me.
My real travel is delta leaving 11:50 am PDT+1 from LAX, so get back to ParkNFly is a little rush if i leave my bag in the car.
However, i want to know can i drop my bag at baggage claim after checking in because my bag will eventually come back?
So ,on the same day you plan to return to LAX at 10:xx arriving on an Alaska flight from PHL, you have a delta flight that leaves at 11:50. Correct?

I presume you have to check the bag because of baggage rules. Correct?

Do you have TSA pre?
Do you have CLEAR?

I don't understand your question about dropping off a bag at baggage claim. If you are asking to leave an unattended bag in the baggage claim area while you overnight to PHL and return, that would be not be allowed per unattended bag rules. Is that what you asked?
simonsuo likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I think he’s asking if he can check his bag for his “real” travel (DL departing 1150) at 2000 the previous evening before he departs on his AS mileage run, and the answer to that is “No”

I also think DL has a T-45 min checked bag cutoff at LAX ... if the PHL flight arrives at (say) 1015, and the bag is delivered promptly by 1035, he will have ~30 min to get from T6 to the DL baggage check-in at T2 or T3 ... that’s certainly doable, but there’s not much margin for delay
simonsuo likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks guys, my bad not giving a better description. I don't have Clear or PreCheck, but I did use my SkyTeam Elite (not plus) status with DL before to lure myself in the priority security before.
My mileage run returns to LAX on 10:35 am, and my Delta flight leaves at 12:40 noon (sorry, I remember the wrong time).
My original plan was to ask AS during check in, can I leave my bag at the baggage counter/service desk of AS downstairs, so I don't need to wait for my bag to appear on the carousal when I'm back at LAX. I think I can print the baggage tag when I'm checking in on computer using the self-tag for my phl-lax segment. But I worry the agent quote security concern since my checked bag never went through any screening.
I never thought about check in to DL the night before, but that's not allowed anyway. Thanks for letting me know the T-45 rule on DL.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Taking the bag with you to PHL doesn't look like it is safe to do so. Although the connection time in LAX SHOULD be enough time to collect a bag and take it to Terminal 3, the problem is in PHL. There isn't enough time scheduled in PHL to safely be able to get the bag from the belt and then check it back in for your return to LAX.

That leaves you with the run from Terminal 6 to the Park-n-Fly @ Park One and to Terminal 3 to check in the bag. It's not too far but without TSA Pre or CLEAR the TSA line time might make the difference between making your boarding or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.