Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
LAS: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020
LAX: T6: Completed Spring 2019
PDX: Completed Summer 2019
SEA: N Satellite/ rooftop: upgraded to Flagship (Seating, daytime Barista, fireplace, light food buffet/$8 food offerings - Completed Summer 2019
SEA D Terminal: Planned remodel to begin Mid 2020
SFO T2 : New lounge planned to open Mid 2020 or sooner
YVR: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020

​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Refreshes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
We lose YVR & LAS, but day passes are now valid for a year. Hrmph. Hate losing YVR access, I am in that club at least twice a month. Will actually be there Wednesday.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by BOB W
AC or PP access? Just not sure what access we had with AL?
Neither. Losing AL access to the partner lounges, the Club at LAS and Plaza Premium in YVR.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nearlysober
How were you accessing the lounge? If via a first class ticket, that admits only you, not a guest. And while yes, everyone would like something for free, it's hardly worth complaining about the fact that they didn't make an exception to the rules just for you.

The cleanliness and food issues on the other hand would be valid complaints. I haven't visisted the JFK lounge so I can't say if that is on par or unusual.
I was on a First Class ticket and had Priority Pass as well. They wouldn't allow PP in due to "overcrowding" but the lounge was rather empty with 20 people inside at 8pm on a Thursday.

Alaska Listens apologized after I tweeted them during my stay as they were able to confirm that they were understaffed that day.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Neither. Losing AL access to the partner lounges, the Club at LAS and Plaza Premium in YVR.
YVR was the old Alaska Boardroom (from what I understand)

Ironically I'll keep this one with the AMEX Platinum. These cuts by AS makes it easier to keep my AMEX Platinum for Centurion Lounge access (LAS has a very good Centurion Lounge FWIW).
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
AA is also closing their NRT AC lounge in March of 2020, so there will be a loss of access there. Wonder if AS will get some kind of agreement with JAL for their Sakura lounge in HND/NRT, with the increased service JAL is looking to do + the SEA direct.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...aneda-dfw.html
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Would be nice, but JL is already starting reciprocal lounge service with HA and the JL SEA departure is a bit away from the Alaska Lounges.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by safari ari
the SEA direct.
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Would be nice, but JL is already starting reciprocal lounge service with HA and the JL SEA departure is a bit away from the Alaska Lounges.
Exactly, it's like "Hey, we'll give a lounge that's as completely inconvenient for your ex-SEA elites and J pax as pretty much any lounge could be in SEA! What a deal!" is not exactly much of a selling point- none of the ALs in D/C or A are remotely close to JL's S gates. That's why JL is using the BA lounge in S- it's not a very good lounge (though a bit better than the Club at SEA in S), but it is close to the JL gate.

Also, JL runs their own lounge in SFO, and LAX they get the combined OW lounge... AS can't help in SAN/YVR, JFK they're not even in the same terminal, no help for ORD or DFW either. So what exactly is AS bringing to the table in a reciprocal lounge arrangement?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Exactly, it's like "Hey, we'll give a lounge that's as completely inconvenient for your ex-SEA elites and J pax as pretty much any lounge could be in SEA! What a deal!" is not exactly much of a selling point- none of the ALs in D/C or A are remotely close to JL's S gates. That's why JL is using the BA lounge in S- it's not a very good lounge (though a bit better than the Club at SEA in S), but it is close to the JL gate.

Also, JL runs their own lounge in SFO, and LAX they get the combined OW lounge... AS can't help in SAN/YVR, JFK they're not even in the same terminal, no help for ORD or DFW either. So what exactly is AS bringing to the table in a reciprocal lounge arrangement?
It doesn't have to be a reciprocal benefit. Like AC members will now have access to Sakura Business lounge in HND, not status based. The issue is lounge access is different outside of the US, where they don't have paid access, so OW elites get access based on that. AS could have a one off for HND for AS lounge members, or do something where elites get access like on FI/BA/HU. It is not like BA elites get access to AS lounges either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.