MVP and family boarding in group D?

Preboard
First
Group A MVPG
Group B premium or MVP
Group C
Group D (us)
Group E

I am definitely not an expert on these things. I thought her party (single itinerary) would be in Group B together? Often we are, today we weren't. It ended up working out fine.
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:38 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Almost every time I fly with my kids on the same itinerary, I'm in Group A (MVPG) and they're in C or D (No Status). Every time I've talked to a GA about this, they tell me its fine to have them board with me in Group A.
missamo80 and DrAlex like this.
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG, New Sagaya
This happens occasionally for us. GA always ok with boarding based on status in my experience.
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVP
When I (MVP) book with a non-status companion, I always get B and they get C or D. I've never had an issue boarding together.
Old Nov 27, 19, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
When I (MVP) book with a non-status companion, I always get B and they get C or D. I've never had an issue boarding together.
Ditto.
Old Nov 27, 19, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP (spouse).
Thanks, it was no problem. But even she (MVP) was group D.
Old Nov 27, 19, 1:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Odd that her group was reflected wrong, did you double check her FF# was associated to the ticket properly? (will want to make sure for credit).

You'd think people flying on the same PNR would "inherit" the boarding group of the person with the highest status, so everyone could board together. It just doesn't work that way... maybe some day.

When I'm traveling with friends (1 to 2 usually) I always have them board with me, even if we're not on the same PNR. I just tell the GA that "they're with me" and they never bat an eye. It's not always about luggage space etc, I just don't want to be rude and leave my friends standing alone at the gate.
Old Nov 27, 19, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Plat, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by nearlysober View Post

When I'm traveling with friends (1 to 2 usually) I always have them board with me, even if we're not on the same PNR. I just tell the GA that "they're with me" and they never bat an eye. It's not always about luggage space etc, I just don't want to be rude and leave my friends standing alone at the gate.
My wife is MVP and I am Gold. We always board together and I generally let her go first. Occasionally she points back at me and tells the agent “I am with him”, but more often than not she just has her boarding pass scanned without even mentioning why she is boarding ahead of her assigned group. No one ever challenges here. Granted, half of our flights are Q400s where boarding first just means more time crammed into the tiny seats or freezing in row 1 by the open front door. Was the same with UA when I was 1K and she silver or gold.
Old Nov 27, 19, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP (spouse).
Yes it even says MVP right under her name next to her FF number.

Search this Thread