Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Changes (They Occur Frequently)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Troopers
My last 3 trips and 3 upcoming trips all have had schedule changes.. In June, outbound to HNL was canceled from SFO and had to switch to OAK, return flight changed to OAK by 5 mins (resulting in new seat assignments; same plane though). Upcoming trips to LAS and SNA changed by about 2 hours, both directions.

Is it me? And why doesn't AS notify me via email? I always find out by logging onto my account. I suppose I'll continue to deal with the changes with the credit AS keeps giving me.
What do you mean by the credit AS gives you? Do you call and ask for compensation?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ehallison
What do you mean by the credit AS gives you? Do you call and ask for compensation?
I always call in when there is a schedule change and have received discount codes more times than not. I'm not petty or rude about the change, I'm polite (it's not the agent's fault) and have asked for compensation depending on the severity of the change. I asked for compensation when flight out of OAK was canceled, and flew out of SFO a day earlier. I also asked when for compensation when there was a schedule change resulting in my family of 5 (3 under 12) unable to be seated together. Most recently, I called in regarding two different schedule changes and the agent proactively issued a discount code (to all passengers) for the troubles.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Troopers
I always call in when there is a schedule change and have received discount codes more times than not. I'm not petty or rude about the change, I'm polite (it's not the agent's fault) and have asked for compensation depending on the severity of the change. I asked for compensation when flight out of OAK was canceled, and flew out of SFO a day earlier. I also asked when for compensation when there was a schedule change resulting in my family of 5 (3 under 12) unable to be seated together. Most recently, I called in regarding two different schedule changes and the agent proactively issued a discount code (to all passengers) for the troubles.
Thanks for the info. It's helpful as I need to call in about a big schedule change (3 hour difference on the outbound, 5 hours on the return).
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ehallison
Thanks for the info. It's helpful as I need to call in about a big schedule change (3 hour difference on the outbound, 5 hours on the return).
I would ask for compensation in your case, don't be shy asking for compensation.

Btw, the discount codes becomes a pain to use/manage if you have multiple passengers.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

C'mon AS, stop with the schedule changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.